|Chance|

Elliot

There was a dinner I went inside and sat at the counter for awhile. "Honey, can I get you something?" said the middle age waitress with silvers streaks in her blonde hair.

"I don't have any money" I shrugged. She stares at me for awhile "It's on the house, pick anything you want" she said slapping a menu down in front of me then walking away. I scanned the menu my stomach rumbling. She came back watching over my shoulder.

"How about a double cheese burger, fries and large strawberry milkshake" I smiled. Fifteen minutes later she sat the plate of food in front of me. I devoured the food and shake thankful for the kind woman's generosity. I left and walked back to the hell whole. It was just my luck I left my cell phone behind.

I decided to skip the climb walking through the front door. "She's gone Elijah! She's gone" I closed the front door behind me. He ran into the room his eyes as wide as saucers then they met mine. A calm washed over him his face remained blank "She's fine." We had a stare off for awhile before I got bored. I walked around to go back to my "room" he caught my arm.

"Don't walk alone, it's dangerous being by yourself" he handed me my car keys mom had confiscated the day I left. I thought she'd sell it but I guess not. He also handed me a black card "I'm sorry" he mumbled. I didn't expect him to hug me, but he did. I stood there awkwardly in his embrace. He smelled of aftershave and cinnamon. I hugged him back its been forever since I've hugged my father. "I'm so sorry Nora" he said all of a sudden. I opened my eyes that somehow shut. He wasn't apologizing to me, but mom.

Kelsey walked in with the baby wrapped in a pink blanket. Her black hair was tied in a bun and she looked tired, but happy. "Guess who wants to see daddy-" she paused when she saw us. I let go walking away "Elliot" he called I kept going. This is my chance I can get the fuck out of this place for good. He didn't need me I was burden in his new perfect life.

I looked out the window as my car was being unloaded off the transportation truck. I finally could be happy again. I was over that perfect family bull shit at the age of twelve. I wiped my tears pulling out my suit case. I rushed to put all my belongings inside. I knew if I left now he'd never trust me I had to wait. My phone kept going off I ignored shoving shit into the suit case. This was my chance probably my only chance.

"Elliot someone is here to see you" I froze. Shit my only chance to leave and now it's fucked up. Who could possibly be here to see me, I don't even know anyone here.

Comment & Vote !