Chapter 3: Fit

I strongly disliked Sunday's.
Sundays are where I cry myself to sleep dreading for Monday to come.
Because really who likes to go back to school?

My body woke up randomly and when the clock displayed nine in the morning,  I thought what better time than to get a good workout in.

I brushed my teeth to avoid morning breath, and washed my face with cold water to wake me up.

The sun shone very brightly today , making me thankful that I only wore shorts, and a Nike tank.

I drove myself to a known park, which held  a dirt track, and adjusted my earphones to stretch.

'8 laps, that's all I need, just 8 laps around the dirt and I'll be done.'

I ran, little by little adjusting myself to my race pace.

The first mile I hit five minutes. My goal was to do two miles in less than sixteen minutes.

'Ok koleen, go alittle faster.' I told myself. I gotta keep a strong fast pace. Running was my thing. It was a good escape.

'5 laps Koleen, you're almost done'
My feet were getting weaker but I forced them to keep up the pace, using my music as a distraction from the pain.

'Take it off, take it off, baby just take it off
Take it off, take it off, baby just take it off

Push me up against the wall
Don't take it easy
You like it hard like me
It's what you need

Even if I wasn't particularly in the idea of him leaving the band, Zayn still hold a place in my heart.

Closing my eyes, I began to concentrate on my body, feeling my legs taking me to a certain distance..speed.

Once I hit the seventh lap, I started picking up the pace.

'Sprint legs, sprint!

'You're a badass! Sprint! Sprint!'

Although my heart felt as though it were gonna explode, and my lungs craved for more air.

I took my earphones out, and started walking around so the pain would fade.

"Damn baby, I didn't know you could run."

I turned towards the familiar voice, "Jaxon?" I called out walking towards him.

"The one and only baby. Hey, you don't look like the cardio type." He replied holding onto his bottled water.
I examined him in his shorts and tank, figuring he was also going for a run.

"Like what you see? "He teased.

"Yeah sure, if it comes with free food." I shrugged making my way out to head home.

"Hey! Wait! Uh, as a matter of fact this guy does come with free food. What'll it be IHop or McD's?"

"Weren't you working out?"

"Yeah, but I'm done now."

I shrugged, if he was paying I didn't see why not.