Chapter 30: Dance of a Lifetime

"Are you nervous?" Bryson asked me as we walked through the hallway towards the gym, where the dance was being held.

I gulped and,in a squeaky voice, I replied,"No."

"Well that's not very reassuring. I'm nervous as fuck!"

"Really? I didn't know you were the nervous type for these things." I teased him, the nervousness I had going down as I became comfortable around him again.

"ThunderThighs I'm human. Of course I get nervous for these things, just like you got nervous when you realized you were gonna go to the dance with mua." He flashed me a smile and pointed towards himself cockily.

I rolled my eyes, "I wasn't nervous because of you, I'm nervous because I've never been to one."

"Mhm."

Once we arrived at the double doors he stopped, "After you m'lady." He said opening the door for me.

I looked at him wide eyed.
I didn't want to go in first!

"Come on go, I look like an idiot just standing here."

"You look like an idiot either way." I told him as I passed through.

The air got knocked right out of me as I looked at how many people were present in the event.

There were so many freshman and sophomores, it was like being in middle school again.

"Where are all the juniors and seniors?" I asked as I pushed through the crowd.

Bryson ,who was following along, yelled over the crowd, "I don't know, they're around here somewhere."

"Leeny! Brycy! Over here!" I heard Crystal call us from a table they were sitting in.

I walked towards them and realized most of the upper classmen were there.

"Hey, why aren't ya'll dancing?"

"The Fish and Mores are flooding this place like a herd of buffalos." Tanya, our student body president, commented with an attitude.

"That doesn't mean we can't have fun. Let's dance!"

I was all dolled up, and I was determined to have fun.

"I'm with Leeny, let's go!" Crystal shouted.

I was alittle disappointed that Bryson didn't say anything, but nonetheless I boogied my way to the dancefloor.

Bad At Love by Halsey was coming out and we screamed the lyrics at the top of our lungs, while jumping up and down,and swaying our hips to the music.

I wasn't a good dancer, but I knew dancing freely was way better than dancing stiffly.

Some sophomores tried to dance along with us, but we girls got closer to each other and blocked them out.

I don't have a problem with underclassmen, the only problem I have is if they hit on me.

Right now they were still trying to get between us, I made eye contact with one of them and he winked at me while wiggling his eyebrow.