Chapter 21: Back to School.

Koleen's POV:

I hated waking up early for school.
My alarm clock, that was ringing with Shawn Mendes 'Treat You Better', was booming all over my room.
"Great. I gotta get my ass back to school." I muttered under my breath.

"Ko- Oh, you're  awake. Good. Get dressed honey, I made breakfast this mornimg and your doctor's  note is on the kitchen table, you can't miss it. Bye!" My mom blabbered slamming my door. 

"Bye, I love you!" I shouted hoping for her to hear.

Stripping off my pajama clothes, I tried to dress comfortable in sweats and a tank top.

As I started walking downstairs  towards the kitchen, I heard two people talking.

I froze in my tracks.

'Did my mom not said she left?'

There's one way to find out...

My heart started pounding uncontrollably.

'Calm down.'  I told myself.

'It's probably just my mom talking on the phone..and not who you think it is...'

'Bryson wouldn't see you for a third time in a row.'

"Yeah, I'm sure she'll  be fine. She's  the coaches' favorite so they'll aid her for anything." Crystal's  voice hammered against my skull.

I relaxed, relieved it wasn't him.

"Crystal. You didn't  say you were gonna give me a ride."  I spoke as calmly as I could, helping myself with some breakfast.

"You sound surprised. Did you expect someone else to be here? " She raised her eyebrow at me and smirked.

I gave her a hard glare before sitting down next to her, and then looked at my mom.

"No. Of course I wasn't. Mom, shouldn't  you be heading to work?"

She looked up from  her Iphone and gasped, "Oh yes, I was just talking to Crystal here for alittle bit, I guess I should go. Bye girls!" 

Once she left out the door out of earshot I muttered, "Well she's  in a good mood today."

"Now, I  don't  want any pitty party today, you're  coming back!"  She beamed, hugging  me tightly.

"Yeah, I'm  coming back to hell." I mummbled against  her.

She pulled away and looked me down, scolding me with her finger as if I were a child, "Don't  you say anything  negative  around me missy, or you'll  be sorry. Now let's go!"

Crystal pulled me away guiding  me outside towards her car, " Is today seriously a day to be celebrated? " I asked

"Yes! You have no idea how bored I was without you!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Aw you missed me.." I poked her cheek, while she was driving now.

"No duh stupid. You're  my best friend."