Chapter 42:Halloween Surprise

Bryson's POV:

Dressing up was never my style.
I loved Halloween as a kid then eventually grew out of it, but yet here I was in a Halloween party dressed as a cheesy, yet sexy, vampire.

The shit you do to have an amazing time, and forget about all your problems.

I was focused on my goals: baseball champ, still deciding whether or not I was gonna run my dad's business...but I couldn't shake her off.

Sometimes I catch myself staring at her, just a peek, but it feels like I'm staring too long, and I'm not supposed to because I'm the one who needs to be stared at. Not the other way around.

"So who do you think is gonna be in charge after you graduate?" Caleb asked sipping from his red wine.

"Probably that wimpy sophomore, he almost made varsity last year."

Caleb choked on his drink, "I'm sorry what? Ray? He'll be a junior next year not a senior, he can't be captain."

"Who's to say they have to be a senior? Dudes got mad skills."

"Not as good as mine though, underclassmen shouldn't get the privilege to lead a team, what experience do they have?"

I shrugged and chugged some of my red juice, until I spotted someone out of the corner of my eye.

It was her, dancing along the music with her annoying friend.

My eyes stayed glued to her. I noticed she was also dressed as a vampire...Is this a sign?

A sign we were meant to be, despite it all?

I shook that thought off and chugged some more beverage.

I shouldn't be the one to fix things, I shouldn't be the one to think of her, she should be thinking of me, and her apology.

Even after you embarrassed her?

She deserved it.
Maybe.

"You want to dance with them? I hear they're transfer students from London."  Caleb says, his hand on my shoulder.

"Huh?"

"Those girls you were looking at, the sexy school girls over there, Becka and Linda."

"Oh." That wasn't who I was looking at but alright.  "Nah, maybe later." 

"Suit yourself my man."

Minutes later, I was dancing with a pirate and a dead bride , until Caleb interrupted asking for my help.

"My man, can you do me a favor and help bring out barrels of wine?"

"Barrels of wine?"

"C'mon." He beckons me over and I follow.

We were inside, and as he questions me about football I hear voices near the kitchen but once we walked by there, there was no one.