Chapter 39: Sick witn Anger

Bryson's POV: 

Weeks. It's been weeks since we talked.

It felt like my life before, but it sucked.

I should've listened to myself the first time.To stay away. Don't get too close. Maybe then I wouldn't feel empty right now. Numb.

I was stupid for thinking that if I tried with her, then she wouldn't leave. Like the other one did.

But she basically did.

She was such a fucking hypocrite saying that the past is in the past but when I told her my past she just couldn't let it go. It angered the hell out of me.

So if she didn't want anything to do with me then fine. I don't care.

Yes you do.

I don't.

It's her loss.

Or is it mine?

Whatever the case, I can finally focus on baseball and other girls who are interested in me.

Which wasn't that hard to do since tons of them were.

Koleen's  friend even tries to flirt around with me, and in respect of her I never listened to Crystal, now though...well if I was a bigger asshole than I already am, then I would probably go for it, but I can't.

I know it will hurt her and that's the last thing I wanna do. Even if she hurt me first.

  It didn't seem right to hold a grudge against her.

Even if I was being too petty to even sit by her in English.

We'd make eye contact at some point, but I'd always be the first to stop looking, because why should I feel regret about what happened between us if it wasn't my fault?

I can't control the past.

It haunts me. But I can't control it.

And if she can't see through that then who cares?

Honestly. Who. Cares.
I could get any girl who won't even care about my past, so why keep pining over her?

It's bullshit.

Who cares.

I don't.

"Yo, I heard you and that chick we argued about last time is over. You finally listened to me hm?" Dominic says, hand over my shoulder.

I spit on the floor and nodded. Annoyed.

"What happened?"

"Things just didn't work out between us." I only say, I shrugged his arm off, and went to go get a bat.

Baseball practice was the last thing I wanted to do, because like girls, us guys gossip as well.