Chapter 35: It's a Date

I'm freaking OBSESSED WITH Youngblood and Want You Back, I mean the whole album is gold but those two songs just get me in a mood~~ Highly recommend if you haven't listened to it yet!

I gracefully sat in a booth in the back, so our conversations could be more discreet.

For some reason he seemed a little nervous, I mean of course he was trying to hide it by making jokes and guarding his face but I knew he didn't really want to bring up why he texted for me.
Although I was all in for some more information about him, I couldn't help but feel slightly sad that he wasn't really enjoying his time with me.

Which is fine. I'm fine.
After all, he was the one who called for me instead of some other chick...Right?

"Hi kids, my name is Marie, I'll be your waiter today. Can I start you off with some refreshments?" The nice woman asked after we both settled in.

I looked at the drinks menu and decided to order a kiwi-kale smoothie, which to me, sounded amazing.

Bryson, on the other hand, only ordered a soda, which was really boring of him.

I liked to splurge on the juices instead of just sticking to one drink.

After the waitress left us to think about our food, I looked towards Bryce who sat across from me and smirked at him.

At first he didn't notice, then his eyes peered up then down, then back up again and asked,"What? "

"Coke, seriously? "

He looked at me confused, "What's wrong with Coke?"

"Soda is the most boring thing to order besides fountain water."

"Leave me alone." He smiled, which made me smile as well.

"You should exchange it for something else."

"Like what? A Kiwi and Kale smoothie? No thank you."

I scoffed," I think it's delicious."

"To you. I don't like that healthy crap, I prefer milkshakes with oreos, and lots of whip cream."

I rolled my eyes," Boys. They can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound."

He looked at me. "I'm fat. I'm not that toned." He clearly joked.

"You are not fat." I argued.

He grinned, "You're right I'm not." He lifted up his shirt and revealed his visible abs. "That's why I got this six pack here."

My eyes stayed glued to his abs, but then I remembered that I had to look away, or else he'll tease me about it non-stop. So I tore  my eyes away and hoped my blush wasn't visible.

"Are you kids ready to order?" The waiter asked us.

"Shit." I cursed quietly. "No, I'm sorry, can you give us a few more minutes?"