Chapter 53: Questioning.

A/N: I came across news on twitter with what's happening to Lebanon right now, and it's such a tragedy. From what I found out was that this video, and YouTube channel donates the money it receives to the video of cause, so if y'all can, please check it out!

Bryson's POV:

I felt sick to my stomach just reminiscing the day they contacted us about my mom.

I didn't understand at all.
I clearly remember thinking she left me behind.

All the pain I tried to push away since dating Koleen just resurfaced.

When I was with her, things weren't so shitty, but every time I was alone it hurt.
God did it hurt.

I couldn't take being in this place, being here in the present.

With knots in my stomach, I reluctantly walked towards my house.

The door freaked open, all I could hear were the faint yelling from my dad upstairs.

My legs were shaky as I walked up, I didn't want to be in here.

Everything just reminded me of her.

I slowly opened the door, and poked my head in.

Whatever my dad and Stepmonster were saying was quickly dropped as they noticed me enter.

"Come inside Bryson." My dad said beckoning me with his finger.

"What is it Dad, I have to go back to school after lunch is over."

"No you don't. I checked you out."

Great.
I was gonna have to tell Koleen that I wasn't going back.

"Bryson we need to talk, as a family , about the other day." He says, while the stepmother stood there quietly.

"Family? Are you fucking serious dad? What do they have to do with your dead wife? They never even knew her, why do they have to be included?"

"You little punk. We are a family. Like it or not she is your stepmother, and Charlie is your step brother."

"Right. Okay then, where is Charlie right now? Oh yeah, you kicked him out for not wanting to run your stupid business."

"Don't you dare talk to me like that Bryson. You respect me. I should beat the crap out of you, if it weren't for police coming."

I froze. "Police? They're coming again?"

The anger for my dad started to go down and was replaced with anxiety.

As much as I wanted to find out what happened to my mom, I didn't want to think of it.

I'd rather much have the narrative that she left me instead of knowing she's dead and never coming back.

I didn't understand how she was in water, I mean was she trying to commit suicide?
Was her life with me and my dad really that bad?