Chapter 5: Freak

Tuesday and Wednesday were tough. We practically ran six miles everyday! All for just today. Thursday, First week of September. First meet. Those Westport people have no idea what they're competing against.

I walked my sore ass to first period, entering Government class, ignoring everyone's stares including Kimberly's.

"Oh my gosh,"She snickered. "Look what she's wearing, she looks like a hobo." She whispered to one of her wasps, Alex. They both laughed.

I ignored her disgusting, cold hearted, insult and sat in my seat.

Two rows behind her.

"She always dresses like a hobo, it's like she can't even afford clothes her size."

"Psh, she's fat and big, of course she needs a bigger size. It's no wonder she didn't qualify as a cheerleader, I mean look at her, we wouldn't be able to hold her up,"

"She'd fall on top of us crushing us all." They both laughed histerictaly.
As much as I tried to not let them bother me, it still got on my nerves that they were talking about me pretty loudly.

'just don't let them get to you' I thought.

I'm used to it, even though I didn't know why they specifically picked on me.

"I heard her mom doesn't even love her, cause she's fat." Alex snickered.

That's it, she went too far.

"Alex, why don't ya'll shut up, and mind your own damn business!"I yelled at them.

"So it's true." Kimberly smirked.

"I told you to shut the fuck up , and leave me alone." I cussed accidentally.

As Kinberly glared at me with her snake eyes, she got up and looked me straight in the eye.

"At least I'm not fat, you obese freak! That's why you hide in those big t-shirts! Well guess what, we already know you're fat, so it doesn't matter. Why don't you get your fat self out of here, because no one wants a fat ass obesity freak here." She yelled spitting in my face.

Half the stuff that came out of her mouth didn't even make sense, but it still made me angry.

"It's not even your business how my body looks! You want me to lift my shirt up for you to take a look? Is that just an excuse because you want to see me?"

Kimberly was taken back, but she recovered quickly spitting more venom out of her snake tongue, "You're disgusting! That wouldn't even prove anything, because you'd  still be  a freak! Don't think just because you're in sports it will get you skinnier, because you will always be a disgusting, ugly,fat, girl with problems!"

I suddenly got up from my seat, and went at her.

"Girls! What's going on?!" The teacher yelled. I ignored my surroundings targeting her.

I yanked her hair, and slapped her!

My slap filled the whole room, she looked like she was about to tear, my slap left her red mark on her cheek.

"Both of y'all to the principal's office!" The teacher yelled.

"But I didn't do anything! It was her!!" Kimberly said through tears.

I felt satisfied slapping her, but I knew I wasn't gonna be satisfied when they'll kick me off the team.

"I don't care. Go! John,why don't you company them and make sure they don't fight again."