Chapter 41: Spooky

A/N: This would've been perfect if I posted it on Halloween but my studious ass had a shit ton of  homework:(👍🏻

Koleen's POV:

Cross Country was over.

I can hardly believe it's over with.
I was gonna miss it.
I spent the last four years of my life trying to loose weight and instead I gained friends who I can call my family.
We made it through regionals , and I was so proud of them even if we didn't qualify higher.

They tried their best and that's all that matters.

I apologized to my coach for yelling at her the other day, then broke down crying because this was the last year I was gonna be with her, sure there was track later on, but it's not the same as Cross Country season.

It was scary thinking about leaving high school.
I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, and that scared the hell  out of me.

What if I wasn't successful?

What if I end up working at a low paying job, struggling to pay rent every month, and being 4 sizes larger in jeans than I already am?

Even though real life scares me, there's nothing more scarier than a vampire on Halloween night right?

"Cryst. Where are my teeth?" I asked her looking through my vanity.

"Inside your mouth, duh." She says matter of factly, straightening her angel wings.

"Ha-ha." I say. "Very funny." I move stuff around and spotted them under a bunch of face paint, and eyeshadow palettes. "Found them!" I yelled satisfied.

"How do I look?" Crystal purrs, walking like a Victoria Secret model towards me.

I whistled impressed. "Damn girl, did it hurt when you fell out of the sky?"

"Yes. It did."

I laughed then showed her my outfit. "What about me?"

"You can suck my blood anytime girlie." She winks.

"Oh stop." 

"I'm surprised you even agreed to come to this party with me."

"Well what can I say? Senior year is full of lasts, so why not enjoy them?"

"True." She agrees pointing a finger at me.

We walked towards  her car and once we were seated inside she asked me, "So you're not still hung up on him, are you?"

Even though she didn't say his name, I knew exactly who she was talking about.

I was still mad at myself for falling for him,mad at him for embarrassing me like that, and just mad in general how I still looked back to memories before.

"No. Why?" I say in a cool, yeah I'm definitely not, tone.

"Just checking. I don't want to get there and see him there , and you being all embarrassed and not wanting to go anymore."