Chapter 37: Conflict

Koleen's POV:

I couldn't sleep.
My mind kept turning back to him.
Not even the long run home could calm my still racing heart.

I always knew there was a past behind him.

I don't know.

I mean, if Elena forgave Damon for all his killings and bad things, then surely I can forgive Bryson? But I wasn't Elena.
The guy I was falling for wasn't this killer vampire, he was real.

"What should I do?" I whispered to myself as I closed my eyes once again, trying to drift off to sleep.

And I did.

But it came with a very bad dream...

I was in school, walking in the hallway when someone suddenly pulled me to the side.
I looked up surprised and confused until I met a pair of brown eyes. The same pair of brown eyes that'd make me squirm when they'd stared me down too long.

"Koleen, please forgive me. I need you to understand." His eyes were pleading, and he tried holding onto my hands but I pulled away and stepped back.

"Don't listen to her Leen." A new voice was heard.

"Dad?!" I exclaimed confused as I turned around.

"Princess don't listen to him. People like him don't deserve your forgiveness. You're too kind hearted, don't let him influence you to the dark side."

"Koleen." Bryson says,again pleading, pleading for me to answer him.

"I..." I looked towards both of them, unsure of what to say or what to do...

The sound of Niall's voice then woke me from my very confusing dream.

My heart was hammering and I was very nervous to see him at school.

After I turned off the alarm, and went to the restroom, I started to think of ways to avoid him.

We had a class together so I couldn't just avoid him there, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I just ignored him and not  look towards him at all.

Yup that will definitely work.

So I changed into my normal clothing: T-shirt and jeggings. Then I went into the kitchen and grabbed some breakfast to eat.

"Good morning Princess." My dad says, patting me on the back.

I jumped, remembering my dream.
Would my dad be disappointed in me if he knew ?

"Hey, you ok? You seem distant honey." He asks staring at me.

"I'm good." I squeaked out, then got up to leave to school.   "Bye dad." I say as I leave out the door.

'It's ok Koleen. It's not a big deal.'
Except it kind of is to me.

I still liked him, but I knew there was more to him than simply stealing from old women.