Chapter 46: Unnecessary?

Koleen's POV: (Unedited.)

Later in the afternoon after our talk, I couldn't decide what to do.

He tried texting me, but I informed him that space means no texting/calling either.

I just...
I know it was before we were dating, I knew that. That did get through my head, the only thing that didn't was the fact that how many more times will he mess up before it's just me constantly accepting his apologies?

Even when we weren't even dating before, he'd still find ways to hurt me, and we haven't even  been together not even a month and he already messed up.
It was times like this where I needed a supportive mom, a mom who would give me advise on my mistakes/problems.

I felt like it was just awkward to talk to my dad about it, but some people don't even have a close relationship with their father, so I should be grateful for mine.

That night as I waited for my dad, I kept contemplating whether I should go back to my room and go to sleep, or keep waiting for him to advice my confused brain.

My eyes were growing heavy as my head rested  on the couch pillow. Right as I closed them, I heard the doorknob shaking.

"Pumpkin, is that you?" He says as he closed the door behind him, coming towards me. "What are you doing up this late?"

My arms wrapped around him, "I have boy drama dad."
I felt his chest vibrating which means he was laughing at me. "I thought all the boys hated you!" He questions with his arm still around me.

"Well...there is one boy." I say quietly.

I proceeded to tell him everything, some events from before the situation to further validate why I was feeling this way.

That night I slept with my Dad's advice in my head, I was so grateful I told him.

The next morning I didn't expect Bryson to be outside my house, but he stood there starring at me as I walked outside my house.

You could tell he was worried, but hopeful judging from his expression.

Although I did want to be petty and pretend to still be mad, my Dad's advice swirled around my head.

"If it was before y'all dated then he is right, it shouldn't matter."

"But-" I tried arguing only to be interrupted.

"Now, I get where you're coming from. He did it minutes before he went up to you, but does time really matter? Imagine if the roles were reversed."

"But I would never do that!"

"Pumpkin I imagine... his feelings are just as important as yours in the situation."

As much as I hated being wrong, my dad was right.

Technically Bryce did choose me.

It seemed to always be me.

From the few times we hung out, to the homecoming proposal and dance, to this...