Kai

Before Kai murdered his family. But he's adorable so we all forgive him. 😊
B/N= Brothers name.

I finished up my spell and changed into my pyjamas, which consisted of a white vest top and shorts. Today was exhausting, my coven or family, were preparing for me to merge with my twin brother, B/N. I really didn't want to because I knew I was weaker than him and I knew I'd die. 

My family didn't seem to care though. They said it was a tradition and honour that needed to be carried out to keep the coven strong. What kind of family just lets one of their children die so the other can become a leader? Mine apparently. B/N didn't want to do it either. He hates the idea of hurting me.

I slump down on my bed and sighed. "Stupid family, stupid coven, stupid merge" I mumbled, pulling the covers over me. I rested my head on my pillow and closed my eyes, falling to sleep. The only place where I could escape my troubled life.

A light tapping sound from my window woke me from my slumber. I groaned and turned to face the window. My eyes were met with the sight of my neighbour and long time crush, Kai Parker. He pulled a silly face at me, making me giggle tiredly and get up.

Me and Kai had been best friends since we were like 2. I guess you could say it was love at first sight for me. Not sure about Kai though. He doesn't like to talk about his feelings. However, he lets things slid with me sometimes. When him and his family/coven fought, which was a lot, he'd always sneak out and climb through my window. It sounded creepy but in reality it wasn't. 

"Hi Malachi." I rubbed my eyes as he climbed in to my room.

"I didn't wake you did I princess?" He asked, a little guilty.

"No I was wide awake." I yawned, eyes half closed.

"Sure you were." He chuckled.

"Hug." I demanded, lifting my arms up, holding them towards him. Kai smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist. I did the same but loosely, around his neck.

"You're adorable when you're sleepy." he laughed.

I pulled back and smiled. "And you're handsome when you're...actually, you are all the time." I bopped his nose. "But shh that's a secret." I whisper into his ear. He chuckled and nodded. I went back to my bed and sat down.

"So what happen this time?" I question, referring to his family.

"They all think I'm a disappointment because I can only siphon magic. Nobody pays me any interest at all. Like I'm some freak." He explained, frustrated. I patted my bed for him to come and sit down and he did.

"Well firstly Kai, you are not a disappointment. I don't care if you can't use magic properly, and neither should your family. Secondly, I pay you attention because you're the greatest guy in the world and if anyone can't see that then they're clearly blind. And lastly, you're anything but a freak, you're my Kai and I love you" I hug his arm, comforting him.

I could literally feel his grin plastered on his face. "And you're the greatest girl in the world for making me feel a million times better. And I love you too princess." he smirked.

"Wanna have a sleepover?" I giggle.

"Pillow fights and all?"

"Depends what you mean by 'all' Mr. Flirty." I joke.

"You can read me like a book." he laughed.

"Do you want anything? Food, drink? I'll go make it for ya." He shook his head.

"Nope I'm good. However I do want cuddles." he gave me his puppy dog eyes which he knew I could never refuse. I giggled and nodded. We both laid back down on my bed until we fell asleep in each others arms.