Enzo Part 2

Your POV
I paced around anxiously, waiting for Stefan to come back with Damon. I had no idea where he'd been or what he'd been doing, but I was extremely worried. It didn't help that Damon was always getting himself into trouble.

"Mom, they'll be fine. They always are" My son, Ethan, reassured me. I stopped pacing and looked at him. His dark hair and eyes mirrored his fathers so well. Curse the day he left me on my own. I'd never think he'd do that to me but he did. I glanced down at my wedding ring and bit my lip. Why do I still love him?

Ethan smiled, coming up to me and wrapping me in a hug. I instantly hugged back. His hugs always calmed my nerves. "Oh my beautiful boy" I sighed into his chest. Ethan was much taller than me which I found amusing since I was older.

"I love you so much" I pulled back, caressing his face. "I love you more mom" he grinned, kissing my forehead. We both sat down on the sofa in front of the crackling fire. "Your uncles are such idiots. Especially Damon" I chuckled dryly. Ethan smirked. "I need to do something. I can't just sit here and wait" I huff, going into the kitchen.

I went over to the sink and turned on the tap, beginning to wash clean dishes. I always did this when I was nervous. Because of the running water I didn't hear my brothers entering the house. After scrubbing the third dish violently, I spotted the full trashed can. Ethan still hadn't taken it out.

I dried my hands and walked back in the living room. "Ethan I though I told you to-"I stopped talking when I saw my brothers had returned. I ran to Damon, hugging him tightly. "You idiot! Don't you ever leave me again! I was so worried" I said, tears glossing my eyes.

Damon smirked and rubbed my back in a conferring manner. "I've missed you to sis. Oh I've also got a surprise for you too" he chuckled. I pulled away and stepped back. My eyebrows scrunched together, ushering him to go on.

"Enzo, would you like to come in?" Damon grinned. My eyes widened as my husband who I hadn't seen for 100 years, swiftly entered the house. His eyes met mine and he smiled. "Hello gorgeous" his voice rang in my ears. That deep, British, perfect voice.

"Mom who's this?" Ethan asked, after a moment of silence. "I-I he, your..." Before I finished the sentence, I vamp sped upstairs, into my room. I sat on my bed and sobbed. This was not happening. My husband was not back. He left me and his child.

"Y/N?" An accent filled voice came from outside my door. "Please love, can I come in?" I wiped my tears and opened the door, avoiding eye contact. I sat back down on my bed, staring at the floor.

"I can explain everything" he began.
"You left. I was pregnant and vulnerable, and you left. I thought you loved me" I cried. Enzo crouched down in front of me, taking my hands in his. "I do love you"
"Then why did you leave?" I question, a tear ran down my cheek.

"Do you really think that I'd leave my gorgeous pregnant wife alone? Y/N, you were the best thing that had ever happened to me for bloody hell sake! I never left love, I was captured. I was imprisoned and tortured for years on end! The only thing that kept me going was you and my son. I would never leave you love"

I knew the words he spoke were true. I could see it in his beautiful eyes. "I believe you Enzo" He let out a big breath. "Thank god! I'd thought you'd hate me" he put his head on my lap and sighed. I stroked his soft hair. "I could never hate you Lorenzo"

He slowly picked his head up, looking into my eyes. "I've bloody missed you so much."
"I've missed you more" I wipe away his tears. I caressed his cheek, placing my lips amongst his. Enzo was taken back at first but soon kissed back with passion and fury.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, he did the same around my waist. His lips were just how I remembered them. Soft and spontaneous. My body fit against his like two pieces of a jigsaw. The familiar touch he gave was heavenly. I hadn't felt this good in over 100 years.

When we pulled apart, our foreheads rested on one another. "You're so gorgeous love" Enzo grinned. "And you're so handsome" I Eskimo kissed him. "I love you my wife"
"I love you more my husband" I giggle. We hugged for a few minutes.

"Want to go meet our son?" I ask. He nodded eagerly. I grabbed his big hand, leading him downstairs. Ethan was sat alone, reading a journal. Enzo stopped on his tracks and stared at his son. "I know. He's amazing" I kissed Enzo's cheek, dragging him towards Ethan.

Ethan spotted us and put his book down. He gave a strange look when he saw mine and Enzo's linking hands. "Ethan honey, don't freak out when I tell you this but, this here is your father" I explain as calmly as I could. Ethan's eyes widened, looking at his father before him.

"Nice to meet you Ethan. I know this is probably a lot to take in but I promise you that I never intended to leave you or your mother. We don't have to be all father and son straight away but just know that my biggest regret is not being there to see you grow up" Enzo sighed sadly.

"You're here now and that's all that matters" Ethan got up and hugged his father. Enzo immediately hugged back. The bond was already beginning to form, I could tell it was strong and unbreakable. I smiled at the family reunion.

"Aww my two handsome boys" I giggle. They pulled back, Enzo returned to my side, holding my hand. "I promise from now on that I'll be the best husband and father in the entire bloody world. I will never leave either of you again for as long as I live. You two are my perfect family and I love you so much" he kissed my hand.

"We love you too dad" Ethan smiled. Enzo's eyes lit up. We stayed like this for hours, catching up on old memories. I told Enzo about baby Ethan which made Ethan blush. Enzo seemed to enjoy it though since he missed out on those years of his sons life.

"My life couldn't get any better right now" Enzo chuckled. "Gorgeous wife and wonderful son. Could this get any better?"
"Now that you're here I don't think it can" I flirted. "Eww mom, dad gross!" Ethan whined.
"I love you guys" Enzo grinned.
"I love you more handsome"
"I love you too dad"