Chapter 13-Distance

Because of the explanation given by the old man who Temari didn't even know, she was trying to distance herself from Miyuki, no not just to Miyuki but to every baseball members. In class, during intervals she would leave the class and return when she spotted their teacher. During lunch she would leave the room immediately and hide herself. She didn't want to burden anyone anymore, especially to Miyuki who became the captain. Miyuki felt that something was wrong but he couldn't find right timing to talk to Temari, since when he would go to her, she would leave as if she didn't see him.

Temari had a strong mind set. However, because of the recent events happened to her, and not to mention the timing of the old man who talked to her, she thought on how she would go back to her life before being associated with the baseball team; resulting for her to distance herself from them.

~

Temari was on her way to her brother's class when some members greeted her. She smiled and greeted back but immediately left them.

"Yuki! Someone is looking for you!"

Tetsu looked towards the door and Temari was waving at her. He approached her, confused to why she was in third year room

"Nii-san, are you going home this weekend?" she asked

"I am, on Saturday afternoon. Why?"

"Then let's go home together. Mom also message me" Tetsu looked at his sister confusedly but felt his classmates looking at them

"Yuki, your girlfriend?" they asked teasingly. Yuki sighed and planned to ignore them but caught off guard when his sister bowed down toward them and smiled

"I'm Yuki Temari, his younger sister. Nice to meet you" as she introduced herself, everyone asked her to go inside and she became everyone's attention. Even though, she wanted to distance herself to everyone, Temari unconsciously associated with her brother's classmates.

Tetsu remained silence as he watched her sister being the center of attention in his class, saying how they became siblings and they didn't look alike at all.

"Temari, lunch break is almost over."

"Ah!" Temari stood up and went towards his brother, "I actually have a question to ask" Temari bowed down towards his brother's classmates and they left. Tetsu told her that he would sent her back to her class.

"Then your question?"

"Uhm, when I was in hospital, did anyone from the team visited me?"

"Yes, they visited you quite a few times. For who, well, I could say most of the team." He answered putting his hands on his pockets. As they walked towards Temari's class, everyone was looking at them, wondering why he was with someone. "Why?"

"Nothing. So you are now focusing on your study?"

"Yes, by the way, want to go watch the game later?" Temari looked at his brother confusedly but shook her head in rejection. "We're planning to have our retirement game. I will talk to coach later for his permission."

"Isn't it a bit early?" she asked confusedly

"Well, coach will retire after the fall tournament" When he said that, they arrived in front of her classroom. "Then I'll go back to my room, now"

"Wait, what do you mean by Kataoka-sensei retiring?" she asked but he patted her head and smiled, leaving her behind. Temari went inside, thinking of what her brother meant. She was spacing out that she couldn't hear Kuramochi and Miyuki calling her. She sat down silently to her seat, and remain silence to the rest of the afternoon class.