Chapter 40 - Freedom

While waiting for the news about Miyuki, the baseball team decided to have a mini game. Furuya and Asanuma also arrived back, telling them that the expulsion was lifted. Temari stood outside the ground field with Azumi, while they were watching the game on the side walk near the ground field entrance. Azumi was telling her how she still couldn't believe on what happened. She knew that Tetsu did something and she wanted to tell Temari, but remembered that Tetsu told them not to tell her

"Temari!!!!" Temari and Azumi both startled as Shuang's voice echoed and the two of them turned around, seeing her running towards where they were, and it wasn't just her but also Akira.

The two tackled Temari down and they were obviously excited,

"Are you okay?" Azumi worriedly asked, but heaved a sigh of relief seeing them

"What's wrong, Akira, Shuang?!"

"Temari!" The two shouted in chorus "We will be staying here, and with extension of the winter program that will run from January to April!"

"Really?!" Temari shouted in response.

"Is that true, Robert?" Azumi asked him once he arrived, catching his breath

"Its true" Robert assured them and laughed "The exchange advisor will also talk to Temari, John and Francine on later date to tell you about that. Though its your decision if you will accept or not"

"That's a good news! Of course I will" Temari giggled and the three of them stood up. "I will be here during their graduation!"

"Ah, but I my parents told me to go back first. So I will go home on the 23rd, then go back here on January" Shuang informed them

"How about Robert and Akira?" Azumi curiously asked

"Same, we will go back here on January" Robert answered and then streched his hands "I'm happy that I can play on the Nationals!"

"I am surprised that the expulsion was lifted" John and Francine joined interrupted them and smirked "Temari, we will go back to America, and you will not extend-"

"You always ruin the good part John" Akira looked at him and glared "And as everyone says, you don't have the rights to tell her what to do. Don't get in her way! I am holding back my anger all these months, but since you passes the line, I wouldn't hold back and object all your words!"

"I agree" Robert stood between them and glared at John "You have a normal side. But you chose your obsessed side. Even going as far as betraying your own friends"

"Betraying? John never betray you, its only Shu-"

"Sending Shuang back to America also means sending me and Robert back, Francine. You know that! I mentioned that to you!" Akira retaliated "And here I thought you are on Temari's side. But no. You are jealous of the fact that Temari spent more time with Shuang than you. You and John still cannot accept the fact that Temari doesn't like you"

"Know your place, Akira! You too, John! You know very well what I can do!" John retorted and clenched his fist as they glared at each other.

The ambiance became darker, but then it was interrupted when a loud banged sound, followed by Takashi's loud voice echoed around the school. They all shifted their gaze towards the ground field and saw the smolder on Takashi's mitt

"Furuya, you bastard!" Takashi yelled at Furuya as he held the baseball ball on his mitt "I am not Miyuki so be a little gentle!" He then threw the ball back and sat on the catching position "Be gentle! Its just a practice game!"

"Senpai, I want to pitch more. I haven't pitched lately" Furuya responded as he again positioned himseld to pitch

"Poor Takashi" Temari laughed breaking the tension surrounding them. She suggested to move away from John and Francine. They went on the bench that was across the entrance of the ground field and there they resumed watching the practice game. John and Francine stood on the entrance of the ground field and from there they watched the game, and also kept their eye on Temari.