Chapter 44 - Popular as Always

I apologize for not updating much... But I made a long update today, and decided to update few more chapters before I mark this complete... Though that includes, some extra chapters...

For now.. I hope you enjoy this long update for now... ^_^

~

"One more, runner on 2-3!"

"Miyuki is surely doing his best as the captain, even though he is supposed to think of his future now. And he is supposed to retire as the team captain"

"He is thinking of his future, Takashi-san" Asanuma commented as both of them sighed watching Miyuki and the others practicing on the ground field. They didn't have practice during December, but some members still practice on their own. The two didn't practice that day, since they have exam that day, and the next day

"Yesterday, he was called in coach's office again. Someone wanted to scout him again. On top of that, they were all famous baseball teams. I wonder if he already accepted one" Takashi sighed and scratched the back of his head "By the way, I haven't seen his girlfriend for a week now. Did she go back to America already?"

"Ah, no. They had a field frip in Kansai Region. They supposed to return today" Asanuma answered and it was then both of them remained silence, as someone called Miyuki again to their coach's office

~

"Miyuki this is Yoshiyama Megumi, a scout from Tokyo Yakult Swallows" His coach introduced a middle aged woman, wearing a black and white business suit. Her hair was short, and she was wearing an eyeglass

"A pleasure to meet you, Miyuki Kazuya-san. I'm Yoshimaya Megumi."

"N-Nice to meet you" Miyuki bowed down and he was asked to sit down across her.

"I heard about your conditions. You really don't care about the money proposed to you, but instead you wanted to work as an Engineer while playing baseball, am I right?"

"Yes. But the other scouts wanted me to just focus on baseball, and propose large amount of money" Miyuki responded. He declined offers because of that reason.

"I understand, then I comply on your condition. As you know if we will talk about money, we cannot win against you. But if you wanted to use the course you are taking, then we will comply it in exchange of having you in our team."

"Mean?"

"A partner company of our team will start hiring mechanical Engineers next year, and its located near our practice ground. And if you want to be an Engineer and at the same time baseball player, then we can give you that in negotiable price that you wish. However, we also have a condition to propose" Miyuki seriously looked at her and waited for the condition "If you accept our offer, after your graduation here, you will be staying inside the townhouse for the players. Of course, you still need to practice as baseball player. Your time of course, you will decide it yourself, and balance them."

"The company is also fine with it?" Miyuki confusedly asked

"Yes, also they don't let the player do their job when its season" She answered then put out a pamphlet "Also, your privacy is secured. Its up to you if you want to tell it to your teammates, but your privacy will be kept and only known by the higher ups."

"Privacy, huh."

"Well, that's when you accept our offer. Its not you need to answer now. You still have things to do now"

"I understand" Miyuki responded getting the pamphlet on the table "I cannot answer right now, but I will contact you once I already decided" He stood up and excused himself, thanking her for the time