Introductions and Stories

Once Burnie opened the door, I stifled a giggle of what was happening on the floor before me. A young man with curly, brown hair and glasses was punching a light, brown haired young man. A guy in the back with dark brown hair and tattooes running down his arms was laughing hard that he accidently spilled his beer bottle on the ground. Burnie cleared his throat loudly to get everyone's attention and the two on the floor paused their wrestling.

"Guys, this is Jane. She is your new Achievement Hunter," I waved shyly and twisted my pink hair around my index finger, nervousness rushing through my whole body. "Hopefully you'll make her feel welcome." Burnie and I stood in the door frame for what seemed like forever until he spoke again. "Also she is off limits. Which means no touching, flirting or dating her. She's under my protection until she can find her own way in Texas." With a glare shooting at the light, brown haired man on the floor and another one at the other young man wearing glasses in the back near the window, Burnie left me standing awkwardly in the door frame. The two on the floor jumped up and came to me immediately.

"Hi I'm Michael," said the curly-haired guy. When he smiled, a dimple popped out in one cheek and I loved how you couldn't tell if his eye shade was dark brown or a cloudy hazel.

"But more importantly, I'm Gavin," said the other. His thick English accent rang in my ears. His eyes were a shade of green like mine, but more vibrant and full of amusement.

"You're from England? So am I!" I said excitedly. "What part of England?"

"Oxfordshire. And you?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"Tottenham. I'm guessing you're an Arsenal fan then?" I raised my eyebrow, playfully.

"Oh yes. Arsenal is probably the best football team." Gavin smirked.

"Oh really? I don't think so. Tottenham has a better track record." I said, my arms crossing over themselves to make my fact more real.

"Oooohh shit. British tension in the office." said Michael. The tattooed guy in the back and the young man with glasses laughed. Moving around Gavin, I went to the guy in the back and smile. I was pretty much making a train of introductions.

"What's your name?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Ray, but you can call me Tuxedo Mask or Brownman." He smiled lazily.

"I know who Tuxedo Mask is since I've watched Sailor Moon, but Brownman?" I laughed a little.

"You know because I'm Puerto Rican. Can't get any browner than this!" He yells out and everyone laughs, including me. "Also, it's my gamertag." He shrugged. I turned to the man opposite him, the one with the tattooes. His features looked slightly familiar to me, almsot as if I had seen photos of him. Then it hit me--he went to college with my father. The one with the army practise and ability to drink all day without throwing up anything.

"You're Geoff right? One of my dad's college friends?" I asked.

"Yeah! You look exactly Mason. Except you do have Violet's big, green eyes." He smiled warmly. I couldn't help but smile back and give him hug. His smile was too adorable. I turned around and saw another man with a large beard and small glasses on his nose. He swiveled in his computer chair and held out a large hand.

"Hi I'm Jack." Is all he said before turning back to his work. Geoff showed me my desk, which was between his and Jack's-- a marbleized white top that was smooth to the touch. Even though I should have been going to Burnie's and getting everything situated, I loved the atmosphere in this office with my new co-workers. Their laughs and constant talking made me feel happy and relaxed.

Geoff said I didn't have to do any work today, so I decided to check the YouTube channel. For almost two hours I watched a Let's Play and three Rage Quits which had me laughing really hard to where my stomach pained me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Gavin pulling himself up next to me.

"Hello, love. What are you doing?" He asked, squinting his eyes at the screen to take a closer look.

"Just watching some of the videos on the YouTube channel. They're really funny. I especially liked yours and Michael's Slender." I laughed a little and scrolled through some more videos and decided on an Immersion video.

"You haven't seen our videos before? How'd you know about us then?" He asked, scooching closer to me.

"My dad went to college with Burnie and Geoff. He's been in contact with Burnie and found out about Roosterteeth. I love video games and my dad got me a job here." I said with a shrug.

"That's pretty top. It took me almost three years to join Roosterteeth. Do you have your visa to be able to work in America?" He asked. I nodded and smiled shyly. "What?" he asked in that nice, talking in that nice, soothing voice of his.

"It's just the way I got that visa. I had a long distance relationship with someone here in America. I asked him if there was any possible chance to get me a working visa here in America just in case I ever wanted to live here. He said I had to be here to do it. I asked him to pull a few strings and he soon gave in. A few weeks later, I got it in the mail, but of course I hadn't used it until now." I shrugged again.

"Where's he now?" He asks.

"In jail because of it." I shrugged. Man shrugging's my thing!

Gavin laughed and patted the top of my pink hair. He turned around, going back to his desk. His laugh was too perfect.