Birthday Suit and Late Night Gift

1 month later

"That's the one!" Barbara squealed as I walked out of the cramped dressing room and into the lavish waiting room. Today was my birthday, unfortunately for me, and Lindsay thought it was would be a great idea to use today as an excuse to look for a wedding dress.

Gavin protested a lot about not coming along, but with a quick kiss and a promise for later tonight, he finally resumed his work at the office.

"I don't know. The waist is kind of tight on the stomach." I sighed, running a hand down my front to make a point.

"Well, there are such things as alterations." Kara shrugged. I glanced at myself in the mirror. The overflowing ends of the full gown did look lovely, but I just felt too uncomfortable in it. I needed to find a dress that was going to be comfortable for me to wear with my slightly bigger stomach. Gavin was very keen on having the wedding next month while I was 4 months pregnant, so I had to find one where the waist wasn't constricting in any way.

"I'm just not feeling it." I shook my head and tugged at the straps on my shoulder.

"Well there's three more on the rack. Maybe one of those will be the one." Lindsay smiled. Out of the four of us, she was the only one to really know the struggle of finding the perfect dress for that one special day. I wanted one where I would feel comfortable and beautiful in, that would make Gavin feel proud that he had me, and where my small bump looked decent enough.

I nodded to Lindsay before taking a light cream coloured one and quickly making my way back into the heated dressing room stall. I wish Bree was here. She was my Maid of Honour, but after what she did to Ray, I excused her from today's events.

Getting the dress on was a difficult thing to do. It was gaudy and had a little more sparkle and lace. I called the shop lady to come and help me zip up the dress before stepping out.

"What about this one?" Lindsay asked, but I could tell she wasn't too pleased with it.

"It's too...big," I gasped out as I felt it feel even more tighter on my stomach, more than the last one. "Not it."

"Maybe we should take a break and just relax," Barbs suggested and I couldn't agree more. After I changed back into my purple jumper and black trousers, we asked the shop owners for the champagne they first offered--except me who requested just water. "Where are you having the wedding?"

"Gavin was thinking the same place Michael and Lindsay had theirs, but--"

"But you want a place of your own, right?" Lindsay finished and I nodded. "What's your favourite place? This could also help with the dress."

"Maybe a beach wedding, but I don't want sand everywhere. There's being on a yacht, but I can't afford that." I rambled on, taking a sip from my water bottle.

I could see Lindsay chewing her lip as she thought, trying to help me with this difficult situation. "What's your favourite movie?"

"What?" I chuckled from her random question.

"What's your favourite movie of all time?" She egged on.

"The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can't actually choose which one of three." I giggled and shrugged. Kara was busy sifting through the racks to try and find a beautiful dress for me.

"That's interesting," Barbara spoke. "What about a forest-like wedding? You know it's like that one place...." She trailed off trying to figure out the name of the forest home of the elves.

"Lothlorien?" I smiled as she flipped me off.

"Yeah, that. It could be like that. Romantic, beautiful, and simple." She shrugged.