Black Sheep and Late Night Swim

The next couple of days seemed empty without Bree or Ray at the office. The only other person that knows about their situation is Geoff. We had to tell him since he was the boss of Achievement Hunter, so he had a right. He promised not to mention it to anyone and I was thankful that he understood.

I tried to do my work and stay sane on the podcasts, but my mind always travelled to Bree, wondering if she was fine. I haven't spoken to her since I came back. Gavin kept insisting I should go and visit her, but my conscience said she needed more time with Ray--needing more closure until that jar was full. I had checked twitter and comments on YouTube videos and saw people asking where Ray was, if he was alright. We didn't really say anything to the audience so they were hanging there, waiting.

"Jay, we're doing a Minecraft Let's Play in about 10 minutes. Can you help me set up the mics?" Jack asked. I nodded and helped untangle the chords and bring the mics to each desk and Ryan's couch. I did it with a drained expression on my face because that's how I felt. I didn't sleep since I came back. It was hard not to when your friend and her boyfriend are going through a tough patch in their relationship.

"Love, you alright?" Gavin asked from his desk. We texted every night, him asking if I was alright and me saying I was. But he knew better. He's gotten more knowledgeable about how I react to things and what they do to me, so it was starting to become harder to keep things hidden from him.

"Yeah, just tired." I shook my head and sighed, pulling back a pink curl that smoothed my forehead.

The whole Minecraft Let's Play, I was out of it. I barely said anything and I mostly stayed under the ground, avoiding any contact from the guys and collecting countless stacks of cobblestone. All of them seemed to take notice, but they didn't push me to find out what was wrong and I had a feeling they knew. I mean, it was quite obvious.

I left my work station to get a RedBull from the kitchen after Burnie had called Gavin into his office. Burnie has been really cheerful around the office and at home, making me believe he was trying to lighten my mood, but to no avail, he has failed in that region.

"Really?" Gavin's voice drifted down from Burnie's office. Being the eavesdropper that I am, I strained my ears to hear.

"Yeah, it's cancelled. Since Bree is dealing with her...thing, we won't have to do the video." Burnie answered. Video? Neither Gavin nor Bree mentioned a video at all. Wait? Was it the one that Bree mentioned a whole ago?

"Well, that's a relief." Gavin sighed. "I don't think it would have gone well anyway."

"Yeah," Burnie chuckled. I heard the shuffle of feet and creaks on the stairs. I quickly made my way back to the vending machines and got myself a bag of crisps. Gavin came in, a smile on his face. It grew bigger once he saw I was here.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked. I was dying to pry the information about the video from him.

"Oh, nothing. Just you being here always puts me in a good mood." Gavin kissed my cheek before grabbing a water from the fridge. I narrowed my eyes at him. He never kept secrets from me.

"Nothing interesting? New? Surprising?" Okay, I wasn't that sneaky about getting information, but hey...this is Gavin we're talking about. Clueless, non-observant Gavin Free.

"Not really. I mean, I won't have to do this stupid video that Burnie made me sign up for." Gavin shrugged, as if it wasn't anything big.

"What was the video about? What would you have to do?" I asked.

"Slow motion stuff." Gavin took a drink from the bottle. He was definitely trying to avoid answering my simple question.

"Oh," I decided to let it go, but I would definitely come back to it. I could see his shoulders slacken a little, revealing he was tense throughout our whole conversation. Damn it...