Jealousy and Tough Decisions

(Gavin's POV)

All I could really hear was the shrieks of people and the sound of pop music drifting through the receiver, making it difficult for me to really hear my girlfriend.

"Jay? Jane?" I didn't hear her voice, so my guess was that she had gotten distracted. I knew she was most likely drunk or she would've been responding to my worried voice. I just hung up and sighed out, leaning back in my computer chair in the new office. The week without Jane we had moved Roosterteeth to a brand new building that could fit even more people. The Achievement Hunter office was much grander with more space so that we could do crazy shit that the audience would seriously love.

"How is she?" Michael asked next to me, pulling on his beanie. Michael was always worried about her--he truly saw her as his younger sister and I was grateful for that because if I wasn't there to protect her, I knew he would take my place.

"I think she's at a party. It was really loud and she was definitely slurring her words." I said, clicking out of my editing software to check her Twitter to see if there was any proof of what I suspected. As I clicked on her profile, I scrolled through past tweets that the lads and I had sent to her and came across a few pictures from an hour ago. One was of her and her new friend, Carrie, at a concert. I liked her--she was funny, charismatic, and seemed to make my Jane happy. The others were of the party I imagined her to be attending.

"Are you mad at her?" Michael leaned in to get a better look at the photos. Some weren't bad, mostly just random people having a laugh with Jane and another was of her being thrown into a pool. The only thing that ticked me off was seeing the pictures of her leaning on a guy, laughing as if she was really into him. I could be just imagining and my male ego could be getting in the way. I mean, she was a country away, out in the open and perfectly reachable by any other guy. She could easily become attached to someone else and realise that four years away from me wasn't going to work out for either of us.

"No. She can do whatever she wants." I shrugged, making it seem like nothing was bothering me. In a way, I was actually glad Jane wasn't crying like she told me she does and that she wasn't moody. Carrie had really done miracles on Jane and I guess if a party was going to distract her from her depression, then I wasn't going to argue.

"Yeah, okay." Michael rolled his eyes before heading out of the office and leaving me alone with just myself and my thoughts. Hopefully, I was only overreacting and Jane would always be faithful to me, always tell the truth.

_____

(Heathrow Airport, London)

Barbara reassured me the whole time that Jane wasn't cheating or flirting with any other guys while we were on the plane. Burnie actually got mad at me to believe that she was capable of doing that. I couldn't help it. It's a natural thing to think about stuff like this during a long distance relationship.

As I walked off the airplane tube and into the waiting area, I caught sight of her by a set of chairs, laughing and conversing with Carrie. My heart was beating fast and a smile grew on my face as she turned to see me coming off, but what made it slowly disappear was the guy on her left. He was good-looking, I'll give him that, and seeing her with him was like a slap in the face. It was the same guy from all the photos from last night's party.

"Gavin!" She yelled, moving out of her seat and she immediately rushed into my arms, pressing her petite body against mine. Even though I wanted so badly to pull her away and ask who this other guy was, I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her. They ached to feel her and I also ran my fingers through her curly pink hair. "A week is way too long."

"I agree," I looked over her shoulder to see Carrie and the fuck--Yup, that's his name--walking over. I pulled her closer and I was pretty sure I was suffocating her.