Girl Talk and Gavin

During my time at Rooster Teeth, I've gotten really close to Barbara. She's Rooster Teeth's Community Manager. While everybody around the office now called me Jay, thanks to Ray and his "quick wits", she decided to call me Piglet because of my baby pink hair. Some girls would probably find that offensive, but I find it flat out adorable. 

I'm sat at my desk, editing a Let's Play that Gavin decided not to do, as usual. Whenever he was tired or not in the mood to edit, he would ask me to edit for him with an adorable smile and a "Please, love?". Of course, I couldn't refuse and I would give in with a groan and rewarded with a pat on the head by Gavin. While I was trying to edit the newest Minecraft Let's Play, my mind kept darting back to the private conversation Geoff and Gavin were having about me. It made me feel tingly inside knowing that Gavin wanted to ask me out, but then I remembered all of the Let's Builds and Let's Plays I watched during my breaks. He would sometimes talk about one-night stands and him and Geoff would always talk about other women that were amazing just because of their looks.

This is where Barbara came in handy. I decided to discuss the matter with her and ask her advice on everything-- I needed another girl's opinion. Besides, she's now my best friend here. I finished up the last parts of the video and saved it on a file on the desktop which featured a picture of the TARDIS from Doctor Who. Ray, Michael, Gavin, and I were the only ones in the Achievement Hunter office right now and when I got up they all watched me, like vultures glaring at their prey. They always fucking do it and it gets on my nerves. What are the looking at?

"What?" I snapped at them. Ray raised his hands up in defense and Michael smiled a little. Gavin just stared, his green eyes almost hypnotic.

"Where are you headed off to?" Gavin asked.

"I'm just gonna go talk to Barbara about something." I said, crossing my arms.

"What kind of 'something'?" Gavin smiled and leaned back in his chair.

"That, my dear Gavino, is none of your business." I said and flicked his forehead. He let out a loud "OW" while I walked out of the door. I could hear Michael and Ray teasing Gavin from behind me, earning some whining from the lad. I smiled a little and walked up to Barbara's office that was on the second floor. 

Before entering, I knocked on her door gently, not knowing if she was busy at all. 

"Come in!" She said, loudly. I walked in and seated myself in the chair in front of her desk. Barbara was on her iPhone, probably looking at Twitter and of course, not working like I expected. She looked up when I came in. "Well hello there my little Piglet." She said, flashing a gorgeous smile. I laughed at her and twisted a baby pink curl around my index finger.

"I really want to talk to you about something." I said in a serious tone. She immediately sat down her mobile and leaned forward on her desk, her bouncing blonde curls gently swaying with her.

"What is it? Sounds kind of serious." She tilted her head and urged me to talk.

"Well just the other day, I almost walked in on a conversation Geoff and Gavin were having in the kitchen and I decided to eavesdrop on them..."

"You naughty girl." Barbara tsked. I stared at her until she motioned for me to go on.

"They were talking about me. Geoff was telling Gavin that I was off limits and I believe Gavin was thinking of asking me out. Then later on, before we did a Let's Play, I saw this weird sparkle in his eye." I said, twirling a larger lock of my hair. 

"What? Isn't that sparkling eye shit only in movies?" I glared at her a little until she held up her hands in defense like Ray did. "Okay, Okay. Well, If Gavin does have a thing for you, I wouldn't be surprised. You're a very attractive, young woman that's very different and unique. And Gavin...well, we all know he's a horn dog." Barbara laughed a little and slapped her hand on her desk in a joking manner. 

"Barbara..." She couldn't be serious for more than five seconds. She's such a child, but in an adorable way and I can never stay angry with her.

"Sorry...How do you feel about this then? Do you like him?" She rested her chin on her hands and stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"As a friend, yes. As something more...I have no clue. I mean sure whenever he ruffles his hair or calls me "love" I feel tingly inside, but I barely know him, Barbs. I'm afraid to confront him about it because when I walked in after their conversation, he seemed so nervous that I heard everything and anyway, I remember listening to the Let's Builds and Let's Plays and hearing him talk about his sex life or his past relationships, so its kind of difficult to approach the matter."

"I understand, but I think most of his relationship talk is just bullshit. I've known him for a few years and yes, I have seen girls come and go, but he's a great guy and if you two do end up together and he hurts you later on, he has to deal with me." She smiled and batted her eyelashes in a cute, but menacing way. 

"Well, you won't have to deal with that because I already promised Burnie and even Ashley that I wouldn't date anyone here. Dating co workers isn't really my thing. I've done it before and let's just say it ended up being awkward in the work space. So, I plan on just staying friends with all the guys here." I shrugged.

"What about the girls?" Barbara says, tilting her head more.

"Seriously?" We both laughed, making my ribs start hurting. Talking with Barbara always made me feel better. I told her about my abusive ex-boyfriend and let's just say that talk lasted more than it needed to. I decided to stay in Barbs' office a while longer and talk about other subjects such as RWBY, RTX, and video games. A knock on the door broke up our deep conversation.

"Come in!" yelled Barbara again. In came Gavin, hair tossled and a ghost of a smile playing on his lips. 

"Hey Jay, I was wondering if I could talk to you." He said, standing awkwardly in the door frame. Oh, brilliant.

I looked at Barbara for a moment and saw her lips tugging into a smile. "Well, actually I'm talking to..."

"Sure she can," Barbara interrupted me. "She was actually leaving." I glared at her secretly and moved myself from the chair I was in. Gavin smiled a little and walked out before me. Once I was in the doorway, I glared back at Barbara, but all she did was wave in a friendly manner and went back to her mobile. I groaned inwardly and followed Gavin, who was walking to the front entrance. 

Outside was hot and humid, making my clothes start to stick to me. I fanned myself with my hand while we walked around to the side of the building. Gavin turned around and looked at me. I stopped in my tracks and waited for him to speak.

"Okay, so I thought about this for a while and I already know I might get in trouble about this..." Oh God..." But I was wondering if you would like to go have lunch with me later today. Secretly of course." He laughed a little. His green eyes bore into mine and that damn spark kept glinting in them. A small smile was now visible on his lips. I stood there, not moving or saying a word, remembering what I said to Barbara, but all of that immediately dissolved into thin air when I saw him patiently waiting. How could I say no to that handsome, adorable, patient, waiting face? Simple: I couldn't.

"Sure, Gav, I would love to." I smiled shyly and watched as Gavin's smile became brighter and he ruffled his hair once more, making me shiver inside as his fingers threaded through each strand. We both then hear faint "Wooo's!" coming from inside and we both realized we were standing in front of the Achievement Hunter window and we can both clearly see Michael and Ray watching. Once they saw we spotted them, they quickly turned back to their monitors, making Gavin and I laugh while heading back inside the building. I was going against my own rule and now I was going on a lunch date with Gavin...