I Will Always Love You

Songs for this chapter:

Say Something-A Big New World ft. Christina Aguilera <---repeat this one at least twice or something haha

So Cold- Nikisha Reyes

Even though you may know the lyrics and how the songs go, I highly recommend listening while reading.

__________________________

(Ray's POV)

Almost a week without a single fucking word and I'm starting to get worried. Bree didn't answer my calls, so I gave up. I just had to because knowing her, she won't answer by force.

After the whole ordeal with Burnie and him finding out about Jane's pregnancy, I left the office with a ride from Michael. He was worried, I knew. I mean I have been faking my way through every Let's Play and any other stupid video we do. I knew he would notice and apparently, so has Gavin. I have tried to cling back to my old self, but Bree has corrupted me with her crooked personality and disorienting turn of events.

"Want me to stay with you? Lindsay is going home to her parents this weekend." Michael suggested as he pulled up to my apartment. The sky was turning a shade of a darker blue, almost copying how I felt inside.

"No, it's fine. I need some time to think." I said, sighing out deeply and fixing my glasses on my nose.

"You sure? I can try and kick your ass in Call of Duty." Michael grinned and I couldn't help but mimic him.

"That'd be the day," I chuckled, nodding to him before climbing out of his vehicle and grabbing my work bag. "Pick me up tomorrow?" I called out to him as I walked to the stairs.

"Depends on my mood, dick!" Michael laughed loudly as he drove off, actually making a screeching noise that filled the quiet air. I hoisted my bag over my shoulder as I trudged up the stairs. I was glad to finally be away from people and to just sit alone with my thoughts. I needed this big time.

I fumbled with my key before turning it in the lock. Inside, the lights were on and I blinked rapidly from confusion until I saw a small figure perched on the sofa, arms crossed and brown eyes glued to the television. When I opened the door further, she looked to me.

"Ray," she smiled, her eyes squinting from her lips curling up. "I've been waiting forever." She giggled and moved off her seat to come near me, but I moved past her without a single word to my room. "Ray?" I heard her sweet voice from behind me--the same voice that's given me so much bullshit yet so much confused love at the same time.

I ignored her and removed my bag, tossing it to the ground. I sat on my bed to remove my shoes as Bree sat beside me. I never looked up as I unlaced.

"Ray, are you okay?" Bree asked, touching my shoulder, making me move away even more. I wanted to laugh in her face for asking such a stupid fucking question.

"I am less than okay." I muttered, moving up and going to the connected closet to retrieve a worn out shirt.

"Is it because of me?" She asked and this time I actually did form a bitter chuckle. "Look, I'm sorry. I should have called back or texted--" I had to cut her off.

"Yes, you should have, damn it," I turned to look at her. Those brown eyes that had me under her spell was singed and wasted away, faded to a pathetic blackness of regret and sadness. "I don't know what I fucking did to make you rebel like this, but this was stupid. I can't believe you." I shook my head, removing my shirt and replacing it with the worn one.

"Well, I can tell you," She started. "You pushed me away." She came closer, but I moved back into the hallway the closet also led to.

"I pushed you away? No, Bree, you've got everything mixed. I tried to help you. You became obsessed with something you don't have...what Jane has." I stared her down. She never strayed from my gaze, but from the way her body shook from a shiver and how her hands gripped her arms, she was trying hard not to look down.