Daddy and Geoff's Anger

Big bars of light streamed in from Gavin's window. I groaned at the brightness and pulled the covers over my eyes. Gavin's chin sat on top of my head and his arms held me against him. He was seriously perfect; the best boyfriend I have ever had.

My body did not have anymore need for sleep, so I gently removed myself from Gavin. I made sure not to move the bed once I left it and moved back the covers. I went to my mobile and turned it on, hoping Burnie wasn't upset or worried about me. The ding of my mobile made me jump. I looked back to see Gavin still peacefully deep in slumber and cuddled up with his pillow. I sighed with relief and looked down at my mobile, smiled at my screensaver. It was a picture of my dad and I when I was only able to crawl. He had me on his lap and he smiled down at me as my paint covered hands rested on both of his cheeks. I missed those days. When mum would make delicious strawberry pancakes and her own homemade syrup, when her and dad would take me out to go sailing or horse back riding.

I looked at the screen for a good three minutes until a bunch of unread text messages popped up on my screen. I quickly clicked the vibrate button down and waited for a sleepy Gavin to say something, but all was still quiet. I looked to who had sent them. My mum. A confused expression covered my face as I slid the unlock to the left. She never contacted me, so this made me curious. The texts were never ending, but all of them said one thing: Please come home. Daddy's in the hospial.

The mobile slipped through my fingers and landed down on the floor. I slowly sat on the bed, trying to digest the news I had just heard. He can't be dying. No, he can't be! This is some insidious, drunk trick made up by my mum. There's no way.

"Jay? What's wrong?" Gavin was awake, sitting up next me looking worried. He must have heard my mobile hit the floor. I couldn't say anything. My mind was blank. Not even a tear came from my eyes. I was in shock, not sure as to what the bloody hell was going on. "Speak to me. What's wrong?"

"My mum texted me. Apparently she wants me to come home."

"Why? What happened?" Gavin put a hand on my shoulder, turning me so I could face him. One look at his face and the tears that weren't there finally started to drip down my cheeks. Gavin's eyes widened slightly and he cupped my face in his hands. "Jay, what happened? Please tell me."

"My dad-" I couldn't get out any words. Nothing came to me. Gavin didn't need to hear anymore. He pulled me into him and laid back onto the bed, lying us down. Soon I started sobbing into his chest, not knowing what else to do. I didn't know how bad my dad was, but my mum said he was dying. She could be wrong. She's an alcoholic that can't get a grip on her life, but washes it away with beer or hardcore vodka.

I heard footsteps from outside the bedroom door, but at the moment I didn't care. I was too confused, angry, and sad by my mother's news. The door opened and there stood Geoff. His face had been annoyed, but then it changed to anger when he saw Gavin and I together but changed immediately once he saw the tears streaming down my face.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" He said, anger finding him again. His eyes glared straight into Gavin's, a glare all father's use once they're little girl has been hurt by someone.

"Geoff, calm down-" Gavin tried to say, but quieted when he saw Geoff's angry look. I decided to step in before anything could happen. I removed myself from Gavin and got up to stand in front of Geoff. But that made things a little worse. Geoff saw that I was only in Gavin's shirt and my underwear. His face went from its usual pale self to a more light tomato red.

"Did you guys have sex?! What the fuck!" Tears still streamed down my face when I pulled Geoff out of the room and closed the door. Geoff turned to me and was about to yell until he remembered I was crying. "Did Gavin hurt you?"