Bree's Needs and Please Jane

(Jane's POV)

I missed Gavin. He wasn't due back home until the end of the week, which was in three days. My hormones were driving me up the walls and the hours of spending my time in our little apartment was eating away at my sanity.

Bree was too busy with her new friend, Barbs was away at home in Canada, and Lindsay and Kara were dealing with work. I missed being at the Roosterteeth office--hanging out with the lads, playing games and laughing my arse off, the Podcasts.

As I sat there, writing a two page essay for my online class, I began to feel the need for human contact. Picking up my phone, I dialed Ellie's number, hearing the long rings go off until her cheery, thick accented voice filled the line.

"Hi, Jane! What do you need, love?" Her voice was always so light and filled with so much happiness that it never seemed like she had any problems or was ever dealt with sorrowful crap.

"A friend." I mumbled.

"Sounds like my area of expertise. I'll just finish up this pie I'm making and I'll bring it over with me." She giggled and I could hear something metal open and close.

"You're baking?" I asked, finishing the conclusion sentence in my essay and sending it to my professor.

"It's what I do in my spare time. My mum owned a bakery when I was little, so I learned a few things. Anyway, I'll just do this and I'll be right there!" 20 minutes later she showed up, her wavy hair strung up in a messy ponytail and she wore a pair of cut-off overalls with a flowered shirt underneath. She held an oval shaped pan in her hands, the top covered in aluminium. Her fingers were stained with white powder. The smell the pie gave off was wonderful and warm.

"I'm guessing that's the pie?" I laughed and ushered her in, where she skipped and brought the pie into the kitchen.

"Yes. It's apple, if you were wondering. My boyfriend is coming soon to visit, so I made a few. He really loves them." She unwrapped the foil that was on top to reveal a professional styles pie with intricate cut designs along the crusts

"That looks good." I said, my mouth watering from the delicious smell.

"Well, you'll definitely have some!" She smiled. We had at least two plates each of the wonderful pie, our stomachs filling equally. We talked for at least an hour, misty about the baby and I couldn't help the excited smile that covered my face.

"I still can't Gavin is going to be a father." Ellie said, shaking her head as she flipped through channels on the television.

"I can believe I'm going to be a mother." I said, the words weird coming from me. It was true. Never had I believed I would be a mother at 23 years old. It wasn't entirely a bad thing, but definitely something strange.

"Parenthood is something no one will be ready for, Jane," Ellie said, turning her eyes to me. She moved a stray wavy brown strand away from her forehead and smiled softly. "It's a gift, a reward at times and sometimes a hardship, but it will always be weird to know that you have created something with the person you love--a little person."

"That was deep." I giggled and she laughed along, nodding her head, making her loose ponytail become undone and spill over her shoulders.

"Yeah. Anyway, how about we talk about your wedding? It's been a dream to go to Lindsay and Michael's, but since that passed, I'll just have to settle with yours and Gavin's." she pulled my laptop from its orange case from the wood coffee table and we spent the rest of the day discussing wedding ideas.
________

(Bree's POV)

"Ray," I said, walking out of the bathroom, putting in one of my small earrings as I get ready to meet Brad for a friendly dinner. He wasn't bringing Madi since the babysitter came, so we would be by ourselves. "Ray?"