Understandings and Kisses

I woke up in my bed at Burnie's and turned off the annoying alarm my phone was giving off. I groaned and stretched out my stiff limbs. My night's rest had been a good one until I had the nightmare with Will in it. It always ended with him stabbing me in the stomach with knife. I shivered at the faint memory of the nightmare.

I dragged myself towards the wardrobe and pulled out a nice, light yellow sundress. The air inside the house was really warm, so I knew it would probably be the same outside. I rushed to the shower, beating Burnie who was about to step into the bathroom. He jumped back when he saw my body brush by and the door close in his face.

"Hey! That's not fair!" He said, pounding on the door.

"Ladies first!" I yelled back and remembered what I said to Gavin about me not being a lady. I smiled at the memory and turned on the shower. I stripped off my Star Wars night shirt and also my blue pyjama bottoms and stepped into the shower. The warm water sprayed my face, making me sigh in contentment.

Five minutes later, I exited the shower and dried every inch of myself. I then throw on my underwear and bra then my sundress, smiling at myself in the mirror. I planned on being happy today and wearing bright colours is definitely going to support the happiness I was feeling inside. I dried my hair off with Burnie's hair dryer, while combing my fingers through the rough knots. Once dry, I let my long, pink hair fall down to the middle of my back and I apply a small amount of make-up. After my bathroom routine, I stared at myself in the mirror and grinned back at my reflection approvingly.

I exited the bathroom and walked down the hallway into the kitchen. Joe the cat was sitting on the counter. He watched me as I began a new pot of coffee. I scratched his ear and smiled when his head started to rub against my wrist.

"Finally!" I heard Burnie yell down near the bathroom. The door closed shut and I laughed, petting Joe some more.

Burnie drove us up to the office. Once inside, I immediately went to Barbara. She was inside Joel's office, obviously bugging the hell out of him.

"Come on Joel, Please?!" Barbara whined and clasped her hands together.

"No. I'm not your puppet." He said and waved his hand at her. Once I stepped inside they both looked at me. Barbara's eyes lit up once she saw how dressed up and pretty I looked.

"Oh my god, you look so beautiful, Piglet!" She smiled and hugged me tight.

"Thanks," I giggled and hugged her back. "What's going on in here?"

"She's bugging me. Please take her with you." Joel begged and I did as I was told. I brought Barbara to the Achievement Hunter office, but before we could enter Barabara stopped us.

"You and Gavin went on a lunch date, huh?" She smiled at me.

"What? How'd you find out?"

"Michael and Ray. They aren't really that great at keeping secrets." She giggled.

"Those dirty bastards," I said quietly. "Okay, yes, but it was more of a friendly outing."

"Then why did he kiss your cheek so sensually?" She leaned in, smiling much bigger.

"How the bloody hell could you possibly know that happened and by the way, it wasn't sensual at all." I said, shaking my head.

"Well, you weren't exactly hidden. You were at the front door! Which is glass, so you can see through it, dummy," She poked my forehead and I stepped back, not liking the poke. "Kara saw and she told me immediately. Since she heard about what Burnie said about you being "off limits", she hasn't told anyone else. Not even Michael or Ray."