Regrets and Beyond Pissed Off

(Bree's POV)

Do I feel shame? Terrible? Like a filthy, cheating bastard? In some way I do, but in another way I feel relieved and slightly refreshened. On the other hand, I do feel guilty for what I have just done. My heart still belongs to Ray, yet I just did the worst thing you could do in a relationship.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Brad on the edge of the bed, boxers back on and his head in his hands. He told me a few minutes afterward that he feels incredibly guilty about what he just did and I all I wanted to do was comfort him, but how could I?

"We shouldn't have." He would repeatedly whispered. I thought the same thing near the end of our time together, but I also am glad in a way that I could experience if I wanted this or not and...I still wasn't sure.

"You okay?" I asked, sitting up with the tan sheets cloaking my body as I sat beside him, my fingers running against his bare back.

"No," He whispered. "I don't know why I did this--I don't know. You have a boyfriend and no matter how much you say it's in a bad place, there's no right for me to come in and do what I just did." He rubbed his eyes and sat up, his hazel eyes looking past me to his wall.

"It's okay. I just won't mention it." I said, looking down before meeting his gaze once more. I was going to lean in for a small peck, but he moved back and stood before I could even do anything.

"Sorry." He said. I watched as he grabbed se clothes and left to the shower, the door closing quickly. Great. I sighed and laid back against the sheets, closing my eyes and running my hands down my face.

I've practically been living here for the past couple of days and I've ignored Jane's and Ray's texts or calls. Jane was still trying to contact me, but Ray stopped after the second day. I don't know how that makes me feel, but I certainly don't feel an ounce of happiness in my tired bones.

__________

(Gavin's POV)

I should've kept my big mouth shut. Especially when Burnie was about to walk right in. The look on his face compared to my love's had me feeling squeamish and scared.

I knew Bunie's feelings towards Jane was a father-like thing and I also knew how much he disliked the fact about us together. When we told him about our engagement, Jane only saw the happiness that was present on his face, but I could see past that. He was downright angry and the look on his face right now was probably what he was feeling that same day.

"You're pregnant?" Burnie asked once more when all of us stayed silent. His dark eyes dragged from Jane's to mine, making a lump form in my throat.

"B-Burnie..." Jane stuttered. "It's not a big deal." Fucking hell, Jane. I choked on my breath as he turned back to her, throwing his crushed Coke can in the bin next to the door.

"Not a big deal? It's a huge fucking deal, Jane! I will admit, I wasn't too sure about your guys' wedding plans, but I tried to understand what was going and tried to like the situation. But I couldn't, so I kept it to myself! Though this is worse. Pregnant before marriage, huh? Not gonna lie, it's a whorish move, Jane and I'm saying this as a father would to their daughter." His glasses were fogging up from his heated anger.

When he called her actions 'whorish', that was my que to stand up from my place on the floor with Michael to come to her aid and stand next to her. "Burnie, stop. You're making things worse." I pleaded.

"Shut up, Gavin. I'm getting to you soon." Burnie pointed a finger at me before glancing back to my fiancé that was starting to shake from holding back in her tears.