Young Ones and Hospital Findings

FLASHBACK TO BREE'S PAST

"Daddy, please," A seven-year-old Breeana Newton pleaded. She could feel the fresh bruises forming on her forearms and thighs. She shied away from the man in the doorway, whose body was shaking with rage.

"I said don't move. Why make this harder on yourself? Just listen!" His yell was overpowering, making Bree cringe with utter fear. She was used to his physical abuse towards her. It was like a daily routine for her, so being beaten and sexually harassed by him was something she knew regularly. Her mother was an alcoholic, but at the moment she was in rehab....for the fourth time.

Her daddy grabbed her arms, forcefully throwing her whole body on the mattress of her bed. She doesn't have a full bed, only the mattress and sheets that didn't even keep the cold air at bay. Child Services have questioned her stay with her parents, but Bree lied to not anger her daddy. He was polite to the social workers, seeming a different man. He blamed it on her mother, saying the bruises were from her. She always wondered how the people who worked for the services could never see through his charming exterior.

"Please, daddy!" Her screams echoed through the room. "I'll do anything!"

"Shut up, then! If you don't want me to break your little neck, shut up." The growl that came from his mouth made her shut her mouth. He had a small drinking problem, not as wild as her mother's but still enough to give him faded memories of his actions in the mornings. Sometimes when he did remember, he would cry, asking her for forgiveness, which she gave.

She felt gross after he had done his business. The freezing cold shower did nothing for her. She was bleeding, mixing with the water and turning it a light pink.

*

BREE'S POV

The pain had faded. Darkness was still draping my vision, taking me under it's shaded wings. My head pounded like a drum beat, but harsher.

Voices. I heard them. Faint as they were, I knew those voices. Michael and Lindsay. They were whispering or that was just my ears making them fuzzy.

I knew where I was and what happened. Blood, so much blood. And confusion.

"I can't believe.....what about...Jane and Gavin should...," Lindsay's voice said, muffled at some parts. My eyes wanted to open, but it wasn't an option for me at the moment.

The memory that had visioned itself in my mind had left me cold to the bone. I haven't seen my daddy in a while. I had finally been taken by Child Services at the age of 14 when I got pregnant--the child being my own father's. They took a DNA test to make sure their accusations were correct. Of course, being the dim-witted little idiot I was, I said it wasn't his. I protected that filthy wretch and lied for him all my life. Two months later, I finally took pills to rid myself of my father's spawn inside me. I've sometimes regretted the decision. The fact that I had killed off an innocent being was something that ate at me constantly.

I have no idea of his whereabouts.

My mother on the other hand divorced him when I was 10 and left me in his clutches, not once looking back to me. She was sober now, but sometimes relapsed and had to be brought back to her rehabilitation center. Eventually, she got remarried to a movie producer and had a child with him-- my half sister, Kaylyn. I never forgave her for that. I wasn't part of her life anymore and she wasn't a part of mine.

My hearing soon became much clearer as I could finally make out full sentences.

"She'll be alright, maybe traumatized by what has happened. I'll send for a prescription at the nearest pharmacy for some pain killers and sedation capsules. If need be, you can keep her asleep with them," the doctor said.