Scared and Back Home

(Bree's POV)

"I-I can't, Brad." I shook my head as I stumbled through his front door. My reason for requesting the check at the restaurant was not because I wanted to do what he asked...I was scared. He used something that I lost and now desired against me...and I couldn't help but feel trapped.

"It was silly of me to say. I don't know what made me want to, Bree." Brad sighed and ran a hand through his sandy hair. "But I kept thinking about when you told me about your jealousy towards your friend and--"

"I don't feel like that anymore!" I accidentally yelled. I breathed out deeply and ran a hand through the start of my hair. "I've realised what I've done to them--Ray and Jane. My jealousy got the better of me and tore it to shreds. I shouldn't have been the little bitch I was and now I'm paying for it by staying away and making no contact with those two. I don't want a baby, Brad." I looked into his hazel eyes. "This whole thing had me think about the miscarriage. When I lost Ray's baby. When you asked if I wanted to have children with Ray, I said 'we'll see', but that was because of the tight spot we were in. Now, I realised I want his children, but I've completely screwed up my chances for that future."

"I'm sorry...again." He rubbed the back of his neck as he stood awkwardly in front of the door.

"It's fine," I nodded. "But I need to get out of here."

Brad looked back up at me and furrowed his brows. "You want to leave? To where?" He asked.

"I'll figure it out." I sighed. I left my dress on as I packed up my utensils and any other items I had here into my black bag. Brad watched my every movements as I collected everything.

"Are you mad?" He asked me as I threw the bag over my shoulder.

"No. I just need space from you." I stated simply and he nodded, holding the front door open for me.

"At least, let me drive you." He tried to keep a smile on his face, but it wavered slightly. I hesitated for a moment before nodding a little and following him outside. It was raining hard, making me rush quickly in heels out to where his car was waiting.

"Where to then?" He asked once I hopped inside, my dress clinging to my thighs and my black hair darker than a raven's wings against my pale face and neck. I thought long and hard until I came up with the an address I knew I'd be fine with.

Once I told him, he nodded, a sad and guilty expression on his face as he started up his vehicle, and took off, making the rain splash against the windows. I leaned back in my seat before taking out my mobile and dialing a number.

"Hello?" A raspy voice answered, signaling that the person had a cold.

"H-Hi Burnie. Do you think I can stay with you?"

___________

(Jane's POV)

"Don't worry, love. Since Burnie is out sick with a cold, you'll be welcomed back." Gavin told me as him, Michael, and I were on our way to the office. It was the day after I encountered Matt at the shopping centre and I was still really weirded out by it.

Lindsay, Caiti, and Barbs took the whole day off to paint in the nursery, which I was really excited for. I couldn't wait to see what they had planned. They kicked us all out because apparently they had other people coming to help with the room and they knew that Gavin and I would find a way to peek inside.

"I am dying to see everyone." I admitted.

"There you go," Gavin chuckled, patting my thigh from the front seat. "Maybe Geoff will even add you to today's Let's Plays." He grinned. I was really excited to see everyone again. I haven't been able to find the courage to head back to the office. I just didn't want to face Burnie at all, but since he was at home today, I thought it would be a perfect idea to hang out with everyone.