Chapter 6: Lie

Peridot's P.O.V:

"Yo Peri."

"Amethyst!" I exclaim, running. I pull her in a spot where no one can see us.

"What's the big deal?" She asks.

"Shush." I whisper. I look at Steven who was confused.

He gives up and walks away.

I brought Amethyst under the house. "What?"

"I need your help." I plead.

"About what? Shouldn't you ask Garnet about this? Well, she IS the wisest one among us." Amethyst says.

"I need help QUICK. Look, Connie and I were arguing at the donut store whatever it is!" I start to get irritated by my mind.

"Big Donut." She points out.

"Yeah, yeah. So, she wants Steven for her, ONLY HER." I start. "Then we continued bickering and bickering until she threatens me that she'll stab me with Steven's mother's sword if I report to him what happened!"

I breathe in and out.

"Alright, calm down Peri." Amethyst says calmly. "Just lie."

"W-W-What!?" I exclaim. I couldn't just hide from him!

"For him, silly. Obviously, if Connie stabs you and your gem doesn't break, you'll be fine and regenerate. But if your gem breaks.."
She stops.

"You know what'll happen, you'll never exist and Steven will remain sad."

I'm thinking about it. Final descision:

I'll lie

"Thanks Amethyst. I owe you." I thank her.

"You're welcome. And I still ship you two." She says and walks away.

Ship? Snap outta it! I gotta go out there and tell Steven a lie.

I walk up and open the door. I find Steven lying down on the couch. He seems frustrated.

"Steven?"

"Hey Peridot.." He says back, not meeting my eyes. "Can I ask what happened between you and Connie?"

"Uh, well.. We were arguing about our differences, because you know, I caused you and the gems trouble and all that." I lie. Now I feel bad, but I did it FOR STEVEN.

He sits up and I gulp. "Okay. She's not really like this, I'll try to communicate with her tomorrow."

Phew!

"Wanna watch more Camp Pining hearts?" He asks.

"Sure. We're still not done on the final episode of season one." I say and walk up the stairs to the T.V

"I'll get the box."

Ugh, what will Connie to do me? I'm quite scared, scared of a human, HA! Steven will be there for me.

"Here." He puts the video cassete into the I DON'T KNOW.

"Episode 54 of Camp Pining Hearts." The show starts.

"Hello Pierre."

"Hey Percy."

I scream.

"Looks like you're a fangirl, huh?" Steven chuckles.

"Fangirl?" I ask.

"You know, you're a fangirl when you admire the show so much." Steven points out. "And for boys, it's fanboys."

"Okay." I reply and continue watching them.

Percy sits down with Pierre by the campfire and plays a musical instrument.
I recall the moment where Steven and I sang a song with his musical instrument.

"Ukale... Ukal.."

"Ukelele." Steven says.

"Wasn't that the instrument you always play?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?" He asks.

"Nothing really. I just want to listen to your ukelele once again." I say.

"Oh."

"Especially when you are the one who plays." I mumble.

"What?"

"Nothing!" I exclaim and blush.

Steven turns off the T.V

"You know, I could play my ukelele again tonight, I love playing an instrument by the campfire."