Chapter 35: Fun Ride

Peridot's P.O.V:

-The next day-

I wake up on the tractor, I stretch my arms and legs. We had loads of fun yesterday. Though I feel tired, I stand up and I go outside, breathing that fresh air.

"Hey Peri."

I whip around and see Steven on his main clothing. "Hello, Steven."

"So, we're an official couple now, huh?" Steven smiles.

"Yup." I give him two thumbs up. He turns to the van.

"We should go home now, let's go!" Steven exclaims and grabs my hand, he runs to the van and sits down on the back part.

"Wait! How about the other gems?" I ask.

"They'll come home soon." Steven chuckles and stretches his body.

I think about yesterday, he made all of that and he asked a simple question..

"Hey Steven, why did you have to prepare the whole thing we had yesterday? It was one simple question.." I say, hoping he didn't take that as a rant.

"Well, a simple six syllables, five words, and a question mark can be something special. Example, you called Yellow Diamond a clod, two words and two syllables, and it wasn't simple to you." Steven points out.

"Oh! I get it! Thanks again about last night." I blush, I do thank him for everything last night, it was hard work, obviously.

"No problem!" Steven replies and smiles. "Hey dad, you ready?"

"Yeah!" Greg exclaims and starts the engine, we sit down listening to one music. I wonder what song that is.

"I love the way you stare, when you look my way." Steven sings along to the song. I look at him, he catches me and stops singing.

"Do you like the song?" Steven asks. " I do tell you what you wanna hear
Hope it don't go in and out of one ear. You the only one I wanna stare at in the mornin' Girl cause you one of them. Dime pieces Rollin' up with me, it's no Keisha~" He was singing in a different way, fast words.

"It's called rapping. I know you don't know what it is since you were staring at me." Steven chuckles. "Anyhow, there are a lot of songs we could play after this song. The song is Promise, by Kid Ink and Fetty Wap. My two favourite rappers!"

"Cool, what are these songs though?" I grab a box with a disc inside, the box has numbers with words on it.

"This one's a playlist. It has many songs and it has my favourite! Pay No Mind by Madeon!"

"Cool." I beam. Greg adjusts the mirror.

"Steven.." Greg starts. "I like Peridot but I thought you were planning all of these for Connie?"

Oh no, not her again!

We both look at each other and chuckle sheepishly. "W-Well.." Steven rubs the back of his head.

"There was this one problem that occurred while you weren't around.." I add.

"Connie's a jerk now." Steven crosses her arms.

Greg gasps. "Why?"

"Sh-She was jealous! I liked Connie until she changed, she hated Peridot because she was jealous, that was back when we were only friends. Then, she stabbed Peridot, her gem cracked. So I fixed it! Connie's lucky I fixed it or else I would-"

"I understand." Greg stops Steven. "So that's how Peridot got her star!"

I chuckle. "Yeah." Then I turn to Steven, he was frowning.

I'm going to say something. I open my mouth-

"Sorry, Steven, shouldn't brought that up." Greg chuckled sheepishly, obviously feeling bad.

"I-It's okay dad!" Steven exclaims, back to his smile.

Oh well.

The song switches into something catchy. Steven gasps.

"It's my favourite jam!" Steven exclaims.

"Jam?" I laugh. "You do realize it's a song, right?"

"I know," Steven chuckles. "But it has a different meaning, I meant the song."

"Oh!" I get it now.

"She was dancing, she was smiling."
"Roses blooming in her cheeks"
"In a quiet, kind of litany."

Steven clicks his fingers in front of me, I snap back to reality. "The song's really catchy!" I comment.

"I can tell." Steven laughs. We both laugh for a moment then we slowly stop.

We look at each other. "Well this is awkward." We say in unison.

"Hey!" We laugh again in unison.

"You did it again!" We exclaim in unison. We laugh and laugh, this is going to be a great ride.