Chapter 28: First Fusion Partner

Steven's P.O.V:

I growl as I punch Zachary's form, which turned into clouds after. "What is it with me being jealous!?"

I know I'm in love with Peridot but I am REALLY getting jealous somehow I don't know what.

Maybe I should just tell Connie how I feel? I shake my head. NO! I still hate her for stabbing Peridot. She's lucky she's still alive or... I'll..

I slap myself.

I gotta get out from my room and eat. I'm hungry.

I jump out back on the house. Pearl is in front of me smiling. "I got pie!"

"Thanks." I thank her as I wipe my sweat.

"We can have a together dinner. Except me, I don't wanna eat anything." Pearl shivers and hands me the key lime pie.

"Ha! Peri would love pie!" I exclaim. Pearl laughs.

Peridot enters with a smile. "What's that smell?"

"It's key lime pie." I point out and I show her the pie. "It tastes good."

"Well then." Peridot nods and pokes the pie. "Interesting." She tastes the pie.

"So? What do you think?" I ask. "Is it good?"

"No." Peridot says. I frown, I thought she would like pie.

"I LOVE IT!" Peridot exclaims. "Earth food is really good."

Amethyst comes in with fry bits.

"Hey Amethyst. Wanna try some pie?" I offer.

Amethyst shrugs. "Nah."

"Alrighty." I smile and I slice the pie into twelve.

I grab two plates for me and Peridot. She sits down staring at the pie. I sit down with her, handing her a plate and fork. I won't teach her how to use the fork since she already knows how.

Peridot eats a LOT. I laugh as I grab two slices.

"You really like pie, huh, Peri?" I chuckle. It's because Pearl made it.

"Yeah!" She exclaims proudly. She pats her stomach. "I'm full."

"Me too." I laugh. I click my fingers as an idea comes to my mind. "Wanna dance?"

"S-Sure." Peridot agrees. Somehow she was much nervous last time, probably because of the word fusion.

Maybe we can fuse!

"Hey Peri, have you fused with anyone?" I ask. She stiffens.

"No!" She exclaims. I look around and see that no one is here.

"Well, I'm here, I can be your first official fusion partner!" I suggest as I place my hand on her shoulders. "It'll be fun!"

Peridot blushes, maybe thinking about the whole fusing thing.

My face reddens as I let go of her shoulder and I rub the back of my head. "So?"

"Sure." Peridot smiles with enthusiasm.

"Yay!" I exclaim and I hug her. Yessss!

I let go of her. "To make this more fun, I have some music here." I grab my phone and I scroll through my music list.

"Let's see.. Pay no mind? Nah. The Way? Uh.." I think about the songs. Hurry up..

Peridot's face turns dark green (blushing). Aww, too cute!

Eh.. The rest of the songs doesn't fit. "How about, The Way?"

"The what?" She asks.

"The Way! It's a song by Ariana Grande." I point out. "It's gonna be just fine."

"Okay." She gives a thumbs up. "If it helps."

"Yeah, it will. I'll start the song now."

(For a great experience you should play the song xD)

"Okay... NOW!" I press the button.

I click my fingers to the beat. Going around Peridot.

I grab a black cap and I playfully put it on. Peridot smiles.

I twirl her and we both laugh. I create dance steps and I grab Peridot's hand. I smile at her, I give her a wink and I make her spin around.

Peridot laughs. I'm happy she's enjoying this.

She playfully punches me and laughs. I laugh with her and I grab her hand again. Pulling her close to me, she throws away my cap playfully. We both glare at each other for a moment and my face reddens with butterflies in my stomach.

I twirl her again and I dip her.

We both laugh and our gems start to glow.