Chapter 39: Friendship Reunion

Peridot's P.O.V:

-Night-

"Steven, when are Connie and Zachary coming?" I ask impatiently as I tap my left foot with my arms crossed.

"We could just wait for them.." I shrug with an unsure expression on my face.

"Well they're late." I roll my eyes in annoyance. Steven chuckles.

"Be patient, they could be doing something." Steven says and prepares the table with round shaped food with a glass with a half-full orange liquid.

"Fine.."

Silence fills the atmosphere and Steven sits down on the couch with the table in front of it. I stand still waiting for Connie and Zachary.

"Are..you okay?" Steven asks me.

"Me? Yeah, sure!" I exclaim nervously. He raises his eyebrow, probably knowing that I'm lying.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure you're not.." Steven points at me with a smirk. The smirk fades away with a frown as I turn my head to the side.

I sigh, giving in. I turn back to him ready to confess. "Fine. I'm not really sure about this whole forgiving Connie thing."

Steven frowns. "Weren't you the one who wanted me to forgive her?"

"Yeah, but.. I'm pretty nervous, what if she's planning to making me retreat and crack my gem again? And what if she shatters me?" I slow down on the last part. Steven looks at me with a frown which turns into a sad smile after.

"P-Peri.. If she's going to do that to you, then I'm not letting it happen." Steven assures me with a smile and pats a spot on the couch for me to sit.

I smile and I sit down with him. "Thanks. That made me feel better."

"Just remember, if Connie or Zachary does anything bad to you, tell me and I'll take care of it."

I nod, giving him a smile.

Knock knock knock.

"It must be Connie! Stay here, Peri." Steven says and goes to the door, he opens it and waves Connie and Zachary hi.

Zachary looks at me and smiles, waving me hi. I wave back with a smile. He is friendly, I'm sure Steven and Zachary would be good friends.

"Hey Steven!" Connie says and waves him hi too.

"Yo." Zachary says after her. Steven beams up and sits down on the couch beside me.

"Come in, I got cookies and orange juice!" Steven exclaims.

Zachary and Connie comes in. Connie sits beside Steven and Zachary sits beside me with Steven and I in the center.

"So, Steven. How are you?" Connie asks Steven.

"I'm fine, just being happy with my girlfriend." Steven beams.

"Let me guess, Peridot?" Connie asks. My heart beats faster for his answer, wondering what her reaction will be.

"Yeah." Steven says, with nervousness.

"Cool!" Connie exclaims with a real smile. Really real.

"Yo Steven, you know me right? Zachary? I wanted to meet you more, can I?" Zachary asks.

"Sure! I was thinking the same thing!" Steven smiles. "How did you two become together though?"

"Well we met in school." Connie says quickly. Not too quickly. Just, quicker than before.

"Yeah." Zachary laughs. "But then, I fell in love with her and I sent her letters."

"A-And I fell in love with him too!" Connie exclaims.

Steven nods with a smile. "Awesome!"

Zachary stands up. "Wanna chat over there?"

"Sure." Steven replies and follows Zachary over the kitchen counter.

Leaving me and Connie sitting awkwardly..

"Peridot," Connie starts. I scream internally. "Have you tasted a cookie before?"

"N-No?"

"You should taste one. Steven makes the best cookies." Connie suggests.

"Oh? Sure!" I exclaim and I eat one of those cookies.

"Delicious!" I swallow it.

Connie and I talk about things for a few minutes. So this is what Steven told me about her before, she is friendly.

I turn around and I see Zachary looking at me. He winks at me with a smile and continues talking to Steven.

That was a friendly wink. He is friendlier than I thought.

-Time Skip-

Zachary and Connie waves us goodbye and they go out.

"I'm kinda sleepy. Night Peri!" Steven says and lies down on his bed.

I nod, tired, can't even say a word. I rest and lie down on the couch. I soon fall asleep.

---
I just want to say..

SOMEONE PREDICTED A BIT OF THE STORY'S PLOT OMG