Chapter 42: Forced Into A Cheap Tactic

Peridot's P.O.V:

Steven hops off the warp pad happily, Zachary and I slowly go down. I turn to Zachary, noticing his face turning away from me, he rubs his hair angrily making it messy. I look away and my face heats up. W-Why did my face even heat up?!

I walk faster than normal to Steven with a cheerful expression, I think Zachary has a problem, I think I should leave him with it.

"That was awesome!" Steven exclaims and grabs my hand, pulling it into the air.

"Yeah! I could definitely use it for combat!"

I take one glance at Zachary, who turns to me with a little smile in his face. I respond by making a little smile as well then turning to Steven. Pearl, which is behind Steven sitting on the couch, looks at me with suspicion. Steven's still smiling, obviously proud of the great and lovable Peridot!

"That was..excellent, Peridot." Pearl comments as she nods in agreement with herself and Steven.

"Yeah!" Zachary suddenly sits down beside me with a cheerful look.

"Thanks!" I thank all of them for being so proud. Yellow Diamond would never be proud of me, but why would I even want to think about that clod?

Steven holds my hand with an odd expression on his face. He quickly switches to his normal self, which is being cheerful and very very happy.

"So, I gotta go now 'cause my mom is taking me somewhere." Zachary says and puts his phone on his pocket, he then stands up. "See ya guys!"

"Bye." We all say in unison. Zachary stops at the door. "And bye..."

Bye what? Didn't hear it. Nyeh, probably Steven.

"I'm gonna go make some pancakes." Steven says and goes to the kitchen counter. Pearl looks at me suspiciously.

"Peridot."

Pearl leans closer to me. "Eep!" I uncomfortably squeak.

"Do you have something to do with Zachary having a problem? He seem, uhhh..disturbed." Pearl whispers. What!?

"No?" I whisper back. "Why would you-"

"I didn't mean that." Pearl says. "I mean, you and Steven were having a moment back there and I noticed that he's quite disturbed. Remember, we sat next to each other." Uh..jealousy I guess? No, I won't mention that clody word.

"But he has a girlfriend." I roll my eyes. "That's stupid of him to be j-j..jealous." Well fine I said that 'J' word.

"Alright."

We're sitting here in silence, watching Steven making pancakes. Zachary is not and will never be jealous! That's just silly because he has a girlfriend. Isn't that what Steven call cheating?

"Done! Now let's just-"

Boom!

"What was..." I look through the window, seeing a ship similar to my ship. "That?"

An orange gem comes out from the ship with bruises. It turns to us, revealing.. Jasper! A blue gem tries to fly away from Jasper. I think that's Lapis! Lapis Lazuli! Jasper takes her leg to make her stop flying.

"Lapis!" Steven exclaims and drops the pancakes, making the plate break into pieces, he runs outside to get Lazuli.

Pearl and I stop Steven. "Steven, what are you doing!?" Pearl asks.

"I need to save Lapis!"

Steven's tears start to come out, making me feel..bad even though it isn't my fault. It's Jasper's!

Jasper turns around with an devilish smile. "Ah, yes, Rose Quartz's descendant and Peridot."

"Jasper!" Me, Steven, and Pearl growl in unison. Steven and Pearl slowly walks on the sand. I follow them.

"You thought you could stop me by unlocking the air lock on the ship!?"

"Actually, you bumped into it." I roll my eyes because of her silliness. I would laugh but this situation is too serious.

"Whatever, let's just do this, Lapis." Jasper looks at Lazuli. "Commence fusion."

"NO!" Steven exclaims. Lapis tries to get away from Jasper. "No! I'm not letting you make me a prisoner again!" Lapis growls.

"Too bad." Jasper pulls Lapis close and dips her, making a glowing light. "We're Malachite now." They finally fuse.

Malachite laughs. "Ha! Fusion! Revenge!"

"Grrr.." I quietly growl. I look for a metal to manipulate with my metal manipulation ability. I just wish Garnet and Amethyst's here.

Pearl summons her spear and Steven summons his shield. Too bad I can't summon mine, I don't even know what it is!

"Yikes, that's gonna be an unstable fusion because of Jasper being in it." I say. That's the truth, Jasper in the ship made me tired.

Malachite grabs water from the ocean and forms it into clutched fists, two clutched fists. It charges at us. Steven bubbles the three of us.

"I hate it when Jasper's in it!" Pearl rants. Steven sucks his bubble back to his gem. Pearl charges her spear at Malachite. That's a really bad..idea.

Malachite punches Pearl into the air, she falls back to the sand. Malachite picks the bruised pearl, our Pearl, in her hands. "You're just a pearl." She then throws her into the sand and punches that spot many times.

"Pearl!" Steven exclaims. A pearl gem appears in the sand and Steven picks it up. He bubbles it and warps it back to the temple. "She'll be safe in there. But now, we gotta defeat this fusion."

"Hmph!" I nod in agreement, I look to my right, seeing a metal. I use my metal manipulation ability to commence my attack. I throw it using my ferrokinesis and it hits Malachite's head.

"Hey! Who did that!?"

"Me!" I stick my tongue out to her. "Peridots have metal manipulation powers, surprised, right?"

"W-What?! I must report this-"

Steven's shield hit Malachite's face. His shield dissolves and Malachite groans in anger. "Will you quit it!?"

"No!" We exclaim in unison and I manipulate the metal using my ferrokinesis and I hop on it. Steven hops on it too, making the metal like a ship, except it has no control room..or rooms.

"Like a hoverboard huh? Nice!" Steven says and summons his shield once again. I slowly shiver in fear as I control it to go higher. "Keep it together Peri." I whisper to myself.

Malachite attempts to punch our metal hoverboard but I dodge her attack. "W-Woah!" I'm having a hard time controlling it.

Steven jumps from the metal hoverboard to Malachite. "S-Steven wait!" I exclaim. Sure he knows how to fight but doesn't he know how powerful a fusion with Jasper is?!

"Jeez!" I almost lost my control on this thing! Steven create a bubble shield around him..with spikes!? Yeah! It hit Malachite's stomach. She groans in pain and falls on Steven's bubble.

"Steven!"

-------
Thank you FallerFurever_Meow for the new cover :)!