Chapter 8: Advice

Peridot's P.O.V:

"I want to ask you something.." I say.

Wait, Peridot, NO.

"What is it? We can talk about it inside." Steven says and opens the door for me.

"C-Come." We walk to the bed and sit together.

"I want to ask you, but if it's too private for you, don't force yourself." I say and chuckle sheepishly.

Alright.. Here goes.

"Does Connie have a peculiar side?" I ask. Don't be mad at me, Steven.

"Hmm, I don't know? She's a kind, smart, beautiful... girl." He says, blushing.

How about me you clod!?

"Alright. I just wanna ask because she was pretty cold with me back at the big donut." I lie. I wanted to ask if Connie has a jealous side. I can't!

"Okay, that's a quick question." He says. "I'm gonna go sleep."

That's odd.

"Okay." I say as he lays down on his bed. "Night."

I go outside with interlocked fingers. I sigh in relief. I shouldn't use my jealous side for bad, I have to keep it together. Not like the clod! Connie!

I grunt and I kick a rock.

"Ow!" A familiar voice exclaims. "Who did that!?"

I peek and chuckle. "Apologies."

She turns around. Pearl.

"Are you mad?" Pearl asks.

"No!" I lie.

"You are.. You kicked a rock with strong force." Pearl smirks.

I sigh. "Fine, you got me."

"So, what is it?" Pearl asks.

"What 'what'?" I ask as if I don't know what the heck she's talking about.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"You do know that you squawk at us all the time. Why are you being so nice now?" I ask.

She grunts. "I can be nice if I want to, it definitely isn't my fault if I 'squawk' at you."

She's right.

"Alright, alright." I sigh. "Do you know anything about love?" I ask.

She smiles like crazy to me.

"Not quite, but I do." She smirks. "Why are you asking anyway?"

"I-I'm... I'm just asking!" I exclaim and blush.

Pearl chuckled. "Well, if you want further information about 'love', you should talk to Garnet. She knows everything about love."

"I'm not in a rush, but thanks. I'll go ask the permafu- Garnet for further information." I thank her and I walk down the stairs.

"Although she is the wisest one." She adds. I leave and think about Garnet, how does she know about love?

~Time skip~

"GARNEEEEEEEEEEEET." I call out. The sun rises up. My jaw drops. Morning already!?

"Darn, I give up." I give up and walk away.

"No, you can't." Garnet shows up.

"OH THANK STARS You're here!" I exclaim.

She laughs. "How long were you looking for me?" She asks.

"Hmm. Eight hours and a quarter I guess." I say and chuckle. Eight hours for nothing.. Great job Peridot.

"I just want to ask you something." I say. "Do you know anything about love?"

"It's when you feel affection towards a-"

"No! I mean, further information about love. Sometimes, I don't understand what it is!" I get irritated by me.

"Hm?"

"J-Jealousy.." I sigh.

"You're jealous? To whom?" Garnet asks. I blush and chuckle.

I look around and no one is looking. "To a person.. Connie.. The human being."

"His best friend? How come?" Garnet asks.

"It's just.. She's really close to Steven! And me? Probably just a month." I exclaim. Keep it together.

"You know, it's normal, just don't do bad things because of jealousy." Garnet says and smiles. "You love Steven?"

"Uh.." I stutter. Oh my stars why didn't I think of that!?

"Don't tell anyone because I do." I sigh and blush.

"Alright. Anything else?"

"Just that. Thank you." I thank her and walk away.

I sigh. Steven doesn't even feel the same, does he? Not sure!

I still can't get over Connie. I mean, she threatened me. How am I suppose to get over that!?"

"Peridot."