Chapter 33: The Preparation

Peridot's P.O.V:

I start to blush. "L-Like a Percy and Pierre way?"

"Yeah." Steven replies with enthusiasm. "So..."

He reaches out his hand to me with a smile on his face.

"Can you?" Steven asks.

"I-I'll think about it.." I disappointedly say. I'm not sure about this stuff yet.

"A-Alright. Come to me when you have decided!" Steven says and goes to the house. He stops for a while and turns his head to me. "Wanna come?"

"No thanks." I reply and I sit down. "All that trouble made me wanna sit down here, peacefully with the sun up."

"Okay." He says, and goes in the house. I sit peacefully thinking about the whole girlfriend thing. Steven is a male, so girlfriend won't be the thing to call him. Oh!

Boyfriend!

I continue to think about it. I know I like Steven, but I don't know why I haven't decided yet.. Yes or no?

I sigh. Looking at the peaceful ocean with all the flying animals with wings. What was it again? Birds. Yeah, birds. A flock of birds.

I close my eyes while sitting. Breathing in the fresh air.

Steven's P.O.V:

I sit on the couch. Has Peridot decided yet? I mean she's sitting peacefully right there with her eyes closed.

I close the window, not wanting Peridot to see me watching her.

I have an idea! I'll set up a place, where I can perfectly ask her to be my girlfriend! But I need help..

The gems! They can help me! Now to find them..

I remember, they're on a mission! Oh man..

The warp pad activates, showing Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl.

"We'll help you Steven. You won't have enough time if you do it alone." Garnet offers and Pearl nods.

Future vision! "Thanks!"

Pearl bends down to me. "Are you sure about the whole girlfriend thing?" She whispers in my ear and looks at me.

"Yeah!" I reply.

Pearl nods and stands up. Amethyst gives me a thumbs up.

"Alright. Let's do this! And I know a perfect place!" I exclaim. "We can go ask my dad for more help though."

Garnet nods. "Alright. Let's do it."

"You guys wait here while I get dad. Thanks again guys!" I exclaim as I walk outside. I look at Peridot staring at the sun. I walk carefully, not making any sounds. I successfully pass through. Now to meet my dad.

-Time skip-

"Dad!" I call out to the van. "It's Steven!"

The door opens and shows dad. "Hey Stu-ball! Back again for the awesome dad?"

"Yeah! I need your help." I say and blush. "A-About.."

"Spit it out." Dad smiles warmly.

I sigh and chuckle. "I-I want Peridot to be my g-girlfriend."

Dad gasps. "Steven! I'm so proud of you!"

I let out a relieving sigh. "Thanks dad. Let's go to the barn and set it up."

"Sure." Dad says and hops in the van. I hop in with him too.

Peridot's P.O.V:

I go inside. Realizing Steven and the gems aren't here. Probably on a mission. I'm bored.. I feel tired.. Maybe I should sleep. I lie down on the couch and I close my eyes.

I wake up. Looking at the clock. The last time I checked it was 3:08 P.M. now it's 7:56 P.M. Steven and the others aren't here, still. I go outside, I see a familiar vehicle parking in front of the house.

A human comes out and.. Greg! Steven's dad!

"Peridot?" Greg calls out.

"Yes, Greg?" I reply. He mumbles something and chuckles.

"Come. Inside the Universe van." He says and hops in the vehicle. Ohh. Van.

"Okay?" I shrug and I walk down the stairs. I know Steven's father isn't a bad person. He's trustworthy.

I hop in the vehicle. Greg grabs a strap and locks it into something. "Better wear a seatbelt." The 'van' starts to activate, going somewhere I don't know.

-Time skip-

We arrive at a somewhat familiar place.. The barn!? I go outside.

"Here we are. Now go inside. We have a game for you."