Chapter 52: Don't Leave Me

This is the last chapter of the first book. I'll make an epilogue soon.

-----

Peridot's P.O.V:

Zachary clutches my hand. "What are you going to do!?" I growl.

"I'll make a sweet deal with ya."

"If you won't be with me, today will mark Steven's death, I will kill him. If you'll be with me, I'll let Steven and his friends be free and go back home. Then we'll go to Homeworld and I'll enhance your life."

I gasp. "N-No.. Y-You're not serious r-right?"

"I am." Zachary smiles like an insane killer. "Now, choose. Steven or me!?"

Steven gasps and he clenches his fists. "P-Peridot! Choose me! I can protect myself from him! Trust me!"

I look back at Zachary. "Peridot, you've seen what I can do to that runt. When we fought for you I nearly killed him and he lost a lot of blood."

"I-I'm stronger now! Peridot, please!" Steven pleads. "Don't trust him!"

Zachary summons fire and he aims his hand at Steven and the others. "Shut up!" He growls and he blasts his fire to them. Steven expands the size of his shield and he gets blown away by the power.

"Choose wisely!" Zachary exclaims and holds my hand.

"I-I choose.."

Ugh! It's too hard! I can't think of anything! Steven and his safety or their death!?

I sigh. I guess I should choose for the best of everyone who I care deeply about.

Steven's shield dissolves. "Peridot, choose me!" Steven pleads. Zachary looks at me with a smirk.

"U-Uhmm... Ergh.." I think of the wisest decision I could choose. If I choose not to be with Zachary, Steven dies.. I won't like it when Steven dies. But if I choose Zachary, Steven will be...

Safe.

Safe from Zachary and his army.

Tears start flowing from my eyes, I wipe it and I clench my fists. "I-I choose.."

Steven and the gems look at me, terrified, Steven starts crying. While Zachary's looking at me with a calm expression, maybe he knows what I'll choose.

"I choose Zachary."

"WHAT!?" Steven growls. "W-Why!? Peridot d-don't leave me!" He pleads and he bursts into crying. Zachary lets out an evil laugh.

"Good choice, Peridot. Now let's go back to Homeworld. Steven, you and your friends may go now." Zachary says. I start crying, I know it's worth it, I did it for him.

"No!" Steven growls and summons his shield. He wipes his tears and prepares himself. "I'll show you, Peri, I can defeat him. Choose me!"

Zachary growls and kicks Steven in the face, Steven falls down while Pearl shoots a laser from her spear. Zachary blocks it with his hand and it deflects to Pearl. The deflected laser hits Pearl in the arm and she groans as she falls on the floor.

Garnet summons her gauntlets and attempts to punch Zachary, unfortunately Zachary catches her gauntlets and he throws her to Amethyst, who was getting ready to attack.

Connie and Lapis charges at Zachary, Connie slashes the air with her sword as Zachary dodges. Lapis grabs Zachary and she bangs his head on the wall. Zachary kicks Lapis and he punches Connie with a hard blow. Zachary summons electricity and electrocutes everyone except me.

Steven stands up uneasily and pushes Zachary with his shield. Zachary groans and summons an elemental power with all the elements, he fires it at Steven. Steven gets blown away and he hits his head on a wall.

"I won't kill you. We had a deal with Peridot. Soldiers, let them ride on an escape pod and lead them to Earth. Lead them to the exact spot of Beach City." Zachary demands.

"Yes sir!" Four quartz soldiers run to the gems and Steven. Where did the soldiers came from? They were behind me, watching me to not let me escape.

Zachary grabs my hand. "Now my darling, let's go back to Homeworld." He leads me in front of the ship. He sits down and holds the control panel.

I sit down, I look away with tears. I can't seem to hold on to him, but I'll do it for the boy who did everything for me.

"Activating light speed." Zachary says and grabs the mic. "Everyone kindly buckle yourself on the seat before we start activating light speed in thirty seconds."

I buckle myself up. I can't go back to Earth now, I can't go back to the place I love.

I have to live on Homeworld now.

Zachary activates light speed. I close my eyes, still crying. I will remember Steven and the rest of the gems and kind humans back on Earth. I won't see them.

Forever.

I open my eyes, seeing that we're in Homeworld now. "Here we are, Peridot. Welcome home." Zachary says. I ignore him, I look away with tears and crossed arms.

"Zachary?"

"Yes, my diamond."

"Who did you bring with you?"

I notice it's Yellow Diamond! Oh no, I'll be shattered now. Stupid Zachary, he's filled with stupidity.

"It's Peridot." Zachary replies. Yellow Diamond pauses for a moment.

"Which peridot?" She asks. O-Oh no.. I can't show myself to her.

"I can't specify her but she doesn't have limb enhancers." Zachary points out. My eyes widen, oh no, oh no, oh no..

"Zachary!" Yellow Diamond exclaims and a ship door opens, making Yellow Diamond appear. "I salute you for bringing this pest with you. You may go now, I'll shatter this peridot when you leave."

"No my diamond, I've brought her to marry her." Zachary protests.

"No! You cannot attempt to do this human ritual!" Yellow Diamond growls. "Zachary, you have brought nothing but disgrace to Homeworld! I will send soldiers to end your life."

Zachary's eyes widen. "W-What!? N-No! Please!" He pleads. I can only look at him.

I look at him as soldiers take him away. He tries to jerk himself out. "Let go of me!" He growls and jerks his arms harder.

"And as for you, Peridot." Yellow Diamond walks up to me and kicks me hard. I see a metal and I manipulate it, I throw it at her and I run for my escape.

Yellow Diamond growls and chases me. I run for the escape pod and I ride on it. I activate it as fast as I can and I launch myself to space.. Floating.

Nowhere to go.