Chapter 47: Adventures In A Sleepover

Steven's P.O.V:

"GRRRR!" I clutch my fists and I press my palm on my face. What am I doing? They're just friends, Steven! I used a very stupid excuse for going out, that is talking to Lapis. Speaking of Lapis, where is she? I can ask an advice from her.

"Steven?"

I look at my right, seeing Lapis looking at me. My face turns red, has she been there the whole time?

"How long have you been there?!" I ask, hoping that she only came early. Lapis smirks, giving me the chills.

"When you went out, I was here the whole time!" Lapis exclaims and laughs a little. I blush, embarrassed.

Lapis clears her throat. "So, what happened back there?" She asks. Should I tell her? No! Yes? Nahhhh! Of course you should Steven! I snap out of my thoughts, I noticed that I was talking to myself.

"It's-"

"You got jealous? Yeah I understand." Lapis says, cutting my sentence. How did she know?

"How did you..." I trail off. Lapis is leaning on the barn wall, smirking.

"I have my sources." Lapis winks playfully. I know she's good but, she's being really creepy! It's like watching a serial killer attempting to kill you. Or maybe a stalker? Wait no.

I shiver. "Okay." Jee, that was just..eh. How did she get the sources though? Nevermind, I don't wanna know.

"Now go back there inside and hang out with them both, I'm sure that they're waiting for you. I'll go find more meep morps!" Lapis says and flies off. Meep what?

I sigh, "I guess she's right." I push the barn door open. I go in and I dash to where the TV is. Peridot looks at me.

"Hey Steven! We're near the end of the episode!" Peridot exclaims happily. She seems happy, why wouldn't I?

"Yeah! I'm starting to ship Pierre and Percy too!" Zachary adds and chuckles. Zachary being closer to Peridot makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I just need time alone with Peridot to clear that 'Zachary stealing my girlfriend' from my mind.

"That's cool!" I beam. I should stay happy, I got out from the hospital and Peridot is happy. I reunited with my family.

Zachary pats a space for me to sit on the couch. I sit down next to him. I should sit down next to Peridot, wait. No. Can't. It'll be obvious.

-Time Skip-

"One, two, three, four, five..." Zachary counts with his face on the wall. We're playing hide and seek. I bring Peridot beside a box where I hope Zachary won't see us. Peridot and I laugh, it reminds me of Connie and I trying to hide from Amethyst.

I should invite Connie over!

"Shh!" I quiet Peridot down as I hear footsteps, probably coming from Zachary. Peridot and I are trying our best to stop laughing.

"Where could they be?" Zachary asks in a sarcastic but playful tone. "Maybe...In here?" I almost burst into laughter, knowing that Zachary looked at the wrong spot.

"Or..." Zachary says and peeks from above us. "Caught ya!" Zachary exclaims proudly. I laugh with Peridot. "Good job!"

Zachary beams. I get my phone from my pocket and I call Connie, I pull the phone up to my left ear.

"Hey Connie!"

"Oh hi...Steven."

"Wanna hang out on the barn? I gotcha boyfriend right here."