Chapter 23: We Need Proof

Steven's P.O.V:

"PERIDOT!" I scream at the top of my lungs and I run as fast as I can to her.

"Connie! What the heck!?" I growl.

Connie smiles evilly and grabs Peridot's gem. She clutches her fist, trying to shatter her gem. "What a hard gem."

"CONNIE!" I growl and I summon my shield. I shove her with my shield and I grab Peridot's gem gently. Tears start flowing from my eyes as I growl.

"CONNIE! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!? WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU!?" I growl, holding Peridot's gem closer to me.

"What happened to me? It's your friend's fault, Steven." Connie says and points the sword at me. "I will not kill you, I will continue hunting Peridot if you choose her!"

"Connie, I treat everyone the same." I say.

"No, you DON'T! You treated Peridot like your.. your.."

"My WHAT!?" I growl impatiently.

"LIKE A GIRLFRIEND, STEVEN, LIKE A GIRLFRIEND!" Connie screams.

"Just LEAVE!" I growl and I run to the temple with Peridot's gem.

Conie grabs me by the arm and she grabs Peridot's gem. She smiles at me evilly, she throws it on the rock hard.

I run to the gem and I pick it up. I see my cracked reflection. "HER GEM IS CRACKED!"

I turn to Connie. "Happy, Steven?"

I growl. "PEARL! AMETHYST! GARNET!"

Connie smiles. "Gotta go, Steven, I love you."

I ignore her.

"Steven!?" Pearl screeches. "What happened!?"

"It's Connie! She cracked Peridot's gem!" I exclaim as tears are all over my face.

"Steven. Take her in." Garnet says and summons her gauntlets.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask.

"We're gonna give her a visit." Garnet walked to the town.

Whatever Garnet's gonna do with her, I know it'll be worth it.

"Yeah, see ya later dude." Amethyst walked with Garnet and Pearl did as well.

I grab Peridot's alien plushy and I place Peridot's gem on its tummy, I walk inside the temple as I sit down.

"I can fix this." I say to myself. I lick my hand and I place it on Peridot's cracked gem with the saliva.

I lick it more with more saliva on her cracked gem, though it kay be gross, but my healing saliva will work! I know it will! Just gotta wait.

I yawn. I have to sleep first. "Good night, Peri."

I lie down on my bed, I tuck myself in the warm blanket and I close my eyes.

6:30 A.M

"Dut, dut, dut, dut!"

I hear my alarm clock ring as I yawn and stretch. I shut it off and I immediately look at Peridot's gem.

I see Pearl walking in with Garnet and Amethyst.

"Hey guys." I yawn once again.

"Hello Steven. We actually visited Connie." Pearl smiles.