Chapter 24: Healed Gem

1 week later.

Steven's P.O.V:

I yawn as Pearl is in front of me. "GAH!"

"Steven! You have to see this!" Pearl excitingly grabs me by the hand. I rub my eyes as I ask, "What?"

Pearl hands me Peridot's gem.

I gasp with stars in my eyes. "HER GEM IS FIXED! YES! THE SALIVA REALLY WORKED! NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HER!" I exclaim in happiness.

"Yo, yo what's happening?" Amethyst walks in.

"It's Peridot! She's going to be okay!" I exclaim and I start to have tears of joy in my eyes, I wipe it and I smile.

"Cool! You fixed it, lil dude!" Amethyst gives me a high five and Pearl smiles at me.

"Well, Garnet said there will be a mission. See you Steven. C'mon Amethyst." Pearl says and stands on the warp pad.

"See ya later!" Amethyst says and warps with her. Leaving me and Peridot's gem.

A green light is glowing as I turn to my right. Peridot's gem is glowing and I start having stars in my eyes.

Peridot's figure glows and she appears.

"Ah, yes."

Her diamonds are replaced with stars, on the chest and on the knees. She's back to her true self.

"PERIDOT!" I exclaim and I hug her.

"Hey Steven! Look! I got a star!" She announces happily.

"You really are a Crystal Gem! I love you Peridot!" I exclaim and I hug her tighter. I blush, thinking about what I said.

I let go of her and I blush even harder. "Uh.."

Peridot chuckles and blushes. "Eheh..."

I rub the back of my head. Gah why did I say that!?

"How's Connie?" Peridot asks with furrowed brow. I scratch my head.

"Eh.. Her parents won't believe that she stabbed you." I dissapointedly say. "But we can prove it!" I add.

"How?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"The hologram from your gem!" I exclaim.

She touches her gem. "This?"

"Yeah, can you do it?" I ask desperately.

"I can try, I know how to activate my flashlight but I have no idea how to summon my weapon nor how to summon my hologram, showing parts of my memory." Peridot says.

"Aww, wanna practice?" I ask. "You can try now."

"Okay.." Peridot says. She closes her eyes and she tries to summon her hologram. She sweats and pants as she looks like she's gonna poop. I'm trying my best not to laugh.

Peridot lies down on the floor. "Eh."

She looks up to me and she blushes. Cute!

"Peridot, you're so cute!" I exclaim.

Peridot stands up and wipes off the dusts on her. "I'm not!" She argues back, playfully.

"But to me you are." I laugh. "Wanna go to the Big Donut?"

"That place where they sell 'donuts'?" Peridot asks.

"Yeah! Been a long time since we went there." I add.

I grab Peridot's hand, her legs are trembling and Peridot looks scared.

"Peridot?" I look at her face.

Peridot snaps, "W-What?"

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking at her towards her eyes.

Peridot sighs, getting ready to tell me, "It's just.. What if she's there?"

"Who? Connie?"

"Yes, Connie the human clod." Peridot says. "But, I have the will to come with you."

"Yay! And don't worry, I'll keep you safe, I'm here." I say and I blush.

"T-To the donut store!" Peridot exclaims quickly.

~Time skip~

Clang.

The bell catches Lars's attention.

"Hey Lars. Where's Sadie?" I ask.

"She's taking a break for a while." Lars says.

"Oh." I walk straight towards the counter. "One chocolate donut."

"What would you like, Peri?" I ask, Peridot walks to me and thinks.

"The green one seems good." She points at the mint one.

"One mint donut too!" I exclaim and I hand Lars the cash.

"Hey! He said one chocolate and one mint!" Lars shouts.

I wonder who that is.

I smell the mint donut coming and..

Connie!?

"Here. You don't have to shout." Connie says and puts the paper bag on the counter. She looks at me and she smiles. "Hello, Steven."

I growl, not meeting her eyes as I grab the paper bag.

"Where's Peridot?" Connie asks. Lars puts on his headphones as he goes outside.

"Nowhere." I reply.

"Oh? I'm glad she's already dead." Connie says and laughs.

I clutch my right fist. Peridot is under a table, shivering.

"Don't leave like that, Steven." Connie says, desperately. "You do know I still love you and I know there's a place in your heart for me."

"Just shut up, clod!" Peridot exclaims as she pops up in front of Connie.

"Peridot, let's just go." I sigh and I wait for Peridot.

"Affirmative." She glances over Connie, who was smiling evilly and waving me goodbye.

She grumbles curses as she follows me outside.

"Steven, are you okay?" She asks concernly.

"I'm.. Fine." I reply.

Peridot sighs. "Look, let's go back to the temple and eat these donuts, okay?" She smiles, an actual smile.

"You never fail to make me smile with your smile." I laugh and I poke her nose.

"And I won't." Peridot adds.

I stop walking for a while. "Hey Peri."

"Gem buds?" I raise my right hand with an open palm.

"Gem buds." She replies and slaps my hand. Guess she knows how to do a high five now.

Gem rhymes with jam..

~Flashback~

"Jam buds?" I raised my right hand with an open palm.

"Jam buds!" Connie exclaimed and gave me a high five.

~Flashback~

I can't believe she changed. We were planning to celebrate our one year friendship tomorrow but.. It broke.

~Time skip~

We finish eating our donut. I finish it with a burp.

"Peridot, wanna sing a song? My ukelele and your song!" I ask.

"M-My song? The one you heard?" She asks.

"Yeah! I made a tune for it." I say. "I'm going to get my ukelele."