Chapter 20: She's Back

Peridot's P.O.V:

Oh great. Connie the clod is back! I roll my eyes as Steven runs to her. They both hug each other and I try my best to look away. I want this night to be fun for the BOTH of us, that is, Steven and I.

"Hey Steven." Connie says and sneers at me. "Hi Peridot."

"Hi." I palely reply.

"Hey guys, which ride do you want to go on?" Steven walks in between us. How lucky we are.

"Hmm..." Connie thinks of something. I give her the 'answer immediately you clod!' look I can give.

"How about bumper cars?" Connie suggests. "Bumping is fun, especially when I can bump someone I hate.."

Steven gives her a suspicious look. "Okay!"

"I don't mean it like I hate anyone though, I just uh.... I hate someone from school. But it's still summer vacation!" She comes up with an excuse. Aww, do you mean me you dirty clod?

"Let's go!" I exclaim and I walk towards the vehicles with different colours. It seems... Empty?

"Well, it's going to be us three then!" Steven exclaims and chuckles. "I pick the pink one!" He runs over the pink vehicle also known as bumper cars whatever, and buckles himself.

"Red one!" Connie exclaims and puts herself on the red vehicle.

I glance over a green car, "I pick the green one!" I buckle myself up.

"Is everybody ready?" A man with a uniform similar to the man when we were popping balloons asks.

"Yup!" We all say in unison.

"You have about three minutes! Go!"

Steven bumps his car to mine. "Hey!"

Steven laughs. "You should bump anyone! That's why it's called bumper cars!" He bumps Connie.

"You can't stop me, Universe!" Connie laughs and bumps his car.

I give Connie the evilest grin I could give and I bump her car. "HA!"

Connie gives me an evil smile and she tries to bump me. Steven goes in the way and sticks out his tongue to her playfully.

"Two versus one? Awesome!" Connie exclaims with a fake smile and continues bumping us.

Steven really is a shield, maybe that's why his weapon is a shield, hehe.

I bump into Steven. "Better be alert!" I laugh.

He bumps me back and he laughs.

We both hit Connie and we both laugh. Oh, revenge is good.

The bumper cars stops. "Ey! Why'd it stop!?" I ask.

"Three minutes is over, silly." Connie teases.

"Oh, okay." I reply with the most friendliest face I could give but still, I hate that gal.

We all unbuckle and we glance over... Everything.

"So, what's next?" I ask.

"Let's eat something." Steven suggests. "All that bumping made me hungry." He runs to a hotdog stand.

Connie bumps me. "Didn't I told you to stop hanging out with him!?" She whispers.

Oh yeah, okay. "Yes you did." I roll my eyes.

"And!?" She quietly growls.

"And tada!" I exclaim loud enough for Steven to hear. Steven turns around.