Chapter 32: Last Words

Steven's P.O.V:

I wake up, seeing a forcefield in front of me. Ha! I can get past that!

I try to stand up but I then fall down, my stomach and head hurts. No bruises.

I see Peridot on the other side. She has crossed arms and she punches the wall.

I get out of the forcefield and I look left and right. No one's here. I open a door for Peridot to go through. "Peridot!"

"Steven!" Peridot exclaims and goes out. She hugs me. "I'm glad you're okay."

"You care about me!" I exclaim and I poke her nose. "Now to get outta this ship.."

I look at the left to see Jasper. "Run!"

"Get back here!" Jasper growls. We run and run until we reach the ship controls.

"Can you operate this!?" I ask Peridot.

"Of course, just gotta-"

Jasper breaks in and punches me. "Ow!"

Peridot climbs on Jasper and punches her multiple times in the head. I stand up and I grab Peridot to run with her. We run in the corridor until we reach..

A hole! Jasper bumps in a button which opens a door, it's gonna suck us into space!

I hug Peridot and I make a bubble as we float..

And float...

And float...

Peridot's P.O.V:

We float.. "Steven?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we gonna reach the Earth's atmosphere?" I ask.

"Probably... Wait.." Steven replies.

"We're going to die!"

"Yeah.." I reply. "We're in Earth's atmosphere!"

We fall as fast as the thunder when a storm occurs. I hug Steven.

Steven holds me in the shoulders.

"Peridot! I know we're going to die and I want to share something with you!" Steven exclaims.

"What is it!?"

"I-I.. I've been in love with you! I thought Connie was the one for me, but no! You are the one for me! Whenever you lean close to me, I blush! When we fused, it was amazing! Really! Because the truth is, Peridot you're amazing!" Steven pauses for a moment.

"I love you, Peridot!"

I blush like crazy! I never knew Steven felt the same way. I stare at her and I smile.

"I feel the same way too, Steven." I say and I pull him into a hug. Tears start flowing from my eyes.

Steven starts sobbing and hugs me tightly, we're close to the city.

"I love you, Steven!" I exclaim.

We pull ourselves into a hug, for our last moment.

Bam!

We open our eyes, looking at a giant gem who is carrying us towards the city.

"Alexandrite! The gems saved us!" Steven exclaimed. A fusion!

"They fused.." I blush, remembering our last words. I catch Steven blushing too.

-Time skip-

We land on the ground and Steven sucks up his bubble shield.

Alexandrite unfuses, revealing the rest of the gem.

"STEVEEEN!" Pearl screams and hugs her tightly.

"Pearl I'm fine." Steven laughs.

"Yeah, bird mom." Amethyst laughs.

Garnet smiles. "I think you need alone time." Garnet pushes Amethyst and Pearl to the house.

"So.. Uh.." I rub the back of my head, feeling my cheeks heating up.

"O-Our last words." Steven chuckles.

"Yeah.." I reply.

"I-I.. Yeah.." Steven chuckles again.

"Hm."

"I-I've been willing to ask you.." He bends on one knee and holds my hand. Oh gosh.. Is he gonna..

"Peridot, will you be my girlfriend?"