Chapter 49: A Deadly Fight For His Girl

Warning: Gore.

Steven's P.O.V:

"Really!? You're trying to cheat with Connie now?" I ask with my eyebrow raised. I didn't expect Zachary to be like this, I've always thought him as being my first boy best friend.

Zachary's face reddens as he tries to think of something. "Who cares?" Zachary then gets hold of my arms and clutches it. He pulls me closer to him.

"Look runt, if you're going to own Peridot, you're going down you stupid little trash." Zachary then throws me on the ground. I groan. I look down with a deadly glare on the ground.

"You don't know what I'm made of." I growl, looking up at Zachary with a death glare.

"You're made of stupidness. Remember, if anyone's gonna know this, it's your problem bro, I got a crew back at school and they're gonna beat you to death."

I clench my fists. "So what?" I growl. "It's not like I'm going to die or something!" I stand up.

"Fine." Zachary says and punches my stomach. I groan, I jump at him and I summon my shield. I push him away with my shield and I run around him with my super speed. My latest discovered power.

Zachary looks around with a confused look. I punch him with ease and I run around him again. I punch him again, and again. I then brake, breaking the ring I made from my super speed. I look at him, he's feeling uneasy.

Now I'm starting to feel guilt, I think I went way too far, I just can't harm-

Zachary kicks me in the face and gives me an uppercut. I realize I was thinking too much.

He punches me in the face and throws a big rock on me. I immediately summon my bubble shield around me. Jeez I really need my spikey bubble shield!

That's it, he's the one who's going too far.

I suck the bubble back to my gem and I use my floating power to float high in the air. I try to remove my floating power to control how fast I can charge at Zachary. I clench my right fist and I charge at Zachary, I immediately punch him and I land on the ground.

I dash up to him and I give him a right hook, I summon my shield and I block myself with it. Giving him a warning of what I can do.

"You definitely don't know what I'm made of." I say. Zachary growls and grabs a big rock beside him, he throws it at my head. Why didn't I block it of!? Argh! I place my hand on my head, where the rock Zachary had thrown at.

Zachary stands up and punches me to the ground. He beats me up, I can beat him but.. Ow!.. But somehow I can't bear to see myself fight a human being with my gem powers.

"THAT'S IT." I growl and I punch Zachary. My hard blow made Zachary go far away with my strength. Oh my, super strength, what a great timing!

Zachary coughs. "She will be mine!" He charges at me. I block his punch with my hand and I give him an uppercut using my vacant hand, while he's in the air, I kick him, giving a hard blow on him.

"Oh you're just lucky you have these powers of yours. Fight like a human!" Zachary exclaims. He wipes blood from his mouth and charges at me. He punches me then kicks me in the stomach. Blood comes out from my mouth, I'm coughing blood.

Zachary gives me an evil laugh. I dash at him and I kick him in the stomach, I jump off with ease and lands on my feet and right hand. I look at my hands, there's blood on it, I assume this is from Zachary. He has bruises on the head, arm, and leg.

Zachary grabs a sharp stick and points it at me. "Come near me!" He growls. "You don't want this stick to go though your stomach, do you?!"

"Oh yeah!? Try!" I taunt.

Zachary charges at me. I dodge and I give him a good punch on his head. It looks like I'm forgetting-

"Argh!" I growl and I look at my chest, it left a small gash, and my shirt is torn. Blood comes out from it. I can use my healing spit but I should use it for later.

"You told me to try so I did!" He growls. "How does it feel?!"

"Painful!" I growl back. I charge at him, I summon my shield while doing so. My bruises are affecting on how I battle, agh!

Zachary jumps and kicks me, I block his kick with my shield and I slide down under him. Just before he can turn around, I punch him in the face and I tackle him. "You should stop, now!"

"ARGHH!" I growl. Zachary's sharp stick goes through my stomach. The end goes out from my stomach. It's a long stick.. My eyes widen from shock, what has he done to me?!

Zachary stands up and kicks me. I cough blood as I remove the stick from my stomach. I groan in pain as I hold my stomach. I look at the stick, it's covered with blood. A lot of blood. I throw it on the ground and I create a bubble around me.

Zachary growls and punches the bubble multiple times. He's stronger than I thought, I have too much mercy, I can't harm him too much like what he's done to me!

I'm done.

I'm filled with rage.

Fight for your girl, Steven!

I suck my bubble back to my gem and I stand up uneasily, I wipe blood from my mouth and I prepare myself for battle. Zachary charges at me. I summon my shield and I block his punch, I push him away and I punch him with my shield. I should've done this in the first place.

I give him a hard blow with my fists. "Agh!" Zachary slides under me and grabs the long stick that he used to stab my stomach. I wonder why I haven't fainted yet.

Oh, I'm half-gem.

He swiftly leaves a medium sized gash on my leg, blood spills from my leg. I groan in pain. I fall on the ground. Zachary walks up to me and points the long stick at me. I grab the stick and I push him away with my shield. I hit my shield on his head, leaving a huge bruise on his forehead.

Zachary punches me, which made me fall on the ground. Zachary points the long stick at my heart. "Are you going to kill me!?" I ask and I cough blood. He replies with nothing but a death glare.

"STEVEN!"

Zachary and I look at the right, seeing the barn door open with Peridot running to us. Connie follows Peridot. Zachary continues to point the long stick at my heart.

"Steven! Zachary!" Peridot exclaims. Connie looks at us with a terrified expression. I look at Zachary again.

"Just stop this, please." Peridot pleads. Zachary looks at her with a sad expression, he then looks at me and growls. He throws the long stick away and storms off.

I stand up. Connie and Peridot walks up to me. "Steven! Let's get you in, now!" Peridot exclaims and kneels down beside me. I cough blood again.

"Blood." Peridot says. "Blood.. Blood!" Peridot remembers something about blood and she looks very worried.

"Let's get you in!" Peridot exclaims.

"I'll get help!" Connie exclaims and runs to the barn. She goes in swiftly.

"N-No need to get me in." I say and I give Peridot an assuring look. Peridot starts to cry but she wipes it, she sniffs and wipes more of her tears.

Peridot looks at my gash at the chest and legs, also the place where Zachary stabbed my stomach.

"I-I can heal myself using my healing saliva." I lick my hand and I place it on the gash of my leg. It's not taking effect. Maybe it needs more time. I lick both of my hands and I place them on my chest and stomach.

"Maybe it needs more time to take effect." I shrug and I laugh.

"HOW COULD YOU LAUGH IN A TIME LIKE THIS!?" Peridot asks.

I laugh, I need to make sure that she thinks I'm okay. Peridot bursts herself into crying.

"Peridot, I love you."