Chapter 48: Stop The Plan

Zachary's P.O.V:

I grab Connie's hand, bringing her outside. I make sure there are no people here, I bring her far away from the barn. I sigh. "Look, uh, Connie.."

"Let me speak first. I have something to tell you too." Connie says. Well, ladies first! I raise my eyebrow.

"I think we should stop the plan, I don't want to squeeze in the relationship of Steven and Peridot anymore, it's just...no..I can't, he's my best friend.."

"Connie.. Are you sure?" I ask. This isn't what I was expecting to receive.

"Yeah, why do you ask though?" Connie asks as she raises her eyebrow in suspicion.

"It's just..I'm starting to like Peridot..?"

"What?!" Connie drops her jaw. Oh why did I tell her that!? She's going to tell Steven! Agh! I got an idea.

"Not romantically, just f-friendly! I like her in a friendly way.. I like Steven too. His company makes me feel like I finally have a bro. A friend b-bro." I say, slowing down and lowering my voice down when I said Steven.

Connie laughs. "Yeah, we should definitely stop the plan, let's just be happy. But what are we going to do about the 'we have a relationship' thing?"

What?! I haven't thought about that! "Uhh.." I think of something. I usually get away from all my troubles at school, heh. Speaking of school, I don't have classes for one week, I'm suspended for doing a 'thing' I didn't do.

"Let's just keep this up for how many days we'll be in the barn. And we'll plan when our breakup will be so we can end this fake relationship. I can't get a boyfriend until I'm eighteen, I'll have to wait five years."

I nod. "Let's go back inside, I'm sure they're waiting for us. You go first." I say. Connie nods and goes inside the barn.

I sigh. I like Peridot, in a romantic way, as a fourteen year old I have feelings like this already. I have to keep her away from Steven.

She's mine.

Peridot's P.O.V:

"We're back! Zachary's coming, I don't know what he's doing though." Connie shrugs and sits on the couch.

Zachary goes in. "Hey Zachary!" I wave my hand to him. Zachary looks at me with an attractive look and waves hi. N-No! I can't be attracted to him. Steven is more attractive, Peri!

I feel two arms wrapping around me. I turn to my right seeing Steven hugging me. "Sorry! You were just so cute staring at something!" Steven laughs and lets go of me.

Zachary crosses his arms with an annoyed look. I wonder what Connie and Zachary talked about that's affecting his emotions right now.

"I guess we have to sleep now, it's getting late." Connie says and lies down on her bed that she picked to sleep on. Zachary yawns and nods, lying down on the bed.

"Yeah." Steven lies down on the couch. "Don't you want to sleep, Peri?" Steven asks.

"I do. But I don't know where I should sleep. There's no space for m-" Steven pulls me to him.

"Well you can sleep next to me!" Steven offers and winks. I blush and chuckle, I agree. I lie down next to Steven.

"Night everyone!" Steven says. "Night." I reply.

"Good night." Connie says.

"Night.." Zachary mumbles. He definitely has a problem, I'll just ask him tomorrow morning, where Steven will have made breakfast.