Chapter 22: One Heck Of A Night

Peridot's P.O.V:

Steven looks shocked. "Are you okay, Steven?"

"What do you mean?" He asks. I see small water from his eyes. "What's happening to your eyes?"

He wipes it away, "It's nothing. Please tell me what you mean by you're gonna be shattered."

"I-I.. Uh.." I sigh. "Fine."

"Back at the place where they sell round, flavoured food, while you were calling with your device, she threatened me to stop hanging out with you or else she's going to shatter me using your mother's sword. In conclusion, I'm going to die."

"SHE DID WHAT!?" Steven growls. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"B-Because I would be shattered!" I reply.

"Peridot, you know you could tell me anything! I wouldn't tell Connie that if it'd risk your life!" Steven exclaims. "Don't you trust me?"

"I-I do..." I trail off. "I don't really know why I didn't tell you that. And I'm sorry."

"It's alright." Steven sighs, "Let's go home. It's been one heck of a night."

We both walk towards the temple.

"Steven..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright? Connie's been your best friend for a long time." I ask. Though I am jealous, I still want Steven to be alright around Connie.

"Kinda." He shrugs. "The important thing is, this is over."

"THERE YOU GUYS ARE!"

Ugh, I know that voice.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE LATE! IT'S ALMOST NINE O'CLOCK." Pearl screams at us.

"Pearl, just stop.." Steven says and walks to the temple.

"Whaa..?" Pearl says. "What just happened?"

I sigh.

I told her everything.

"Oh.. So, how's Steven?" Pearl asks.

"Isn't it obvious." I pressed my palm on my face.

"Okay. I'll make sure everything goes fine as soon as possible, I'm going to tell Garnet and Amethyst about this. They could cooperate." Pearl says.

"Thank you, Pearl." I thank her and I walk inside the temple.

I sigh in relief as I sit on the couch. Steven's lying down on the bed, I shouldn't wake him up. He's had a bad night. I sigh again as I slouch on the couch.

"Hey Peri.."

I turn around to see Steven. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry I left this night with a bad note." Steven apologizes.

"Don't be! It was the Connie's fault." I cross my arms and I growl.

Steven hands me the alien plushy. "You might need this." He smiles.

"Thanks." I grab the alien plushy and I hug it. "I'm sorry Connie went crazy because of me."

"Nah don't be. It was her fault." Steven growls but then looks at me.

Steven yawns. "Sorry, I'm just tired. Can I sleep here? I can sit down with you to make you feel warm."

"What?" I ask.

He blushes. "I-I said 'can I sleep beside you?'."

"Sure." I offer and I give a space for him.

He sits down and he leans closer to me. My face turns dark green, or blush.

12:06 A.M

Steven's already asleep, the temple is dark and dull. And the other gems are on a mission.

I stand up carefully for Steven not to wake up. Darn isn't he warm?! I snap out of it and I breathe the cold wind.

I sit on the sand with my alien plushy. I turn around to see a shadow figure.

My heart thumps as it goes closer to me with a pink sword.

It showed itself. Connie!

"You!" Connie growls.

"I-I.. Uh.. P-P"

"You broke the deal." Connie growls and points the sharp point of the sword to me.

"Oh, alright." I shrug. Though I am scared.

"GAH!" Connie growls.

I hear a door creak.

"Connie wait it's not-"

Stab.