Chapter 19: Shoot and Win

Steven's P.O.V:

I dress up and I look at the mirror.

I sigh. I remember when I told Peridot that..

~Flashback~

"Steven I'm sorry if I couldn't save you and billions of other life forms who matter far less to me! Do you have any last words!?" Peridot exclaimed.

"I love you, Peridot."

~Flashback ends~

NAHHHHHH. Peridot probably doesn't know what love is at that moment, right?

I laugh at myself. I'm just overreacting! "Steven?"

"Are you done?" I hear Peridot calling out to me.

"I'm coming!" I reply. Let's goooooo!

I open the door. "Hi Peri. Let's go! It's... Uh..." I check the clock.

"5:06 P.M!"

I grab her by the hand and I lead her outside. "W-Woah."

I chuckle, embarrassed because of how excited I was. "Sorry!" I exclaim and I rub the back of my head. Of course I would have my face redden.

"It's okay! I just want to ask you a question.." She trails off on that last word.

I stop walking. "Yeah?"

"I-uh.. Are you sure we have to g-go this early?" Peridot asks. I see her sweating and her legs trembling. She seems scared.

"Peridot, yeah, you don't have to go if you don't want to." I reply with a sad smile, I really want her to come.

"N-No! Onto the Funland!" Peridot exclaims with enthusiasm.

"Are you sure? You look scared." I sigh. "I understand if you don't wanna come." Steven! Don't give up just yet!

"No! I-I.. Fine. This Funland thing seems scary." Peridot admits. I try my best not to laugh, so I pinch myself.

"Nah, that's why it's called Funland! 'Fun'!" I exclaim and I hold her hand gently. "Do you wanna come?"

"Yeah!" She exclaims. Peridot seems excited, I hope this day goes well.
Peridot and I are walking, until we reach Funland.

~Time skip~

"Here we are, Peridot!" I exclaim and I glance over the roller coaster. That would be a great ride for Peridot.

"Woah..." Peridot says with amazement and glances over the roller coaster too. After seeing the kids riding the fast ride. She gulps.

I sigh. Guess she's scared of the roller coaster. Now to find Connie.

"Dut, dut!"

I unlock my phone and I check my message.

5:37 P.M

Connie

Hey Steven! I'll be there at 6:00, have fun for a while! 😘