It's Been Nice Knowing You: Lawrence Vigouroux

It's been reported that today, Vigouroux has left the club for £400k to League One team Swindon Town on a three year move.

If you don't remember him, I hardly blame you. He's been floating in and out of our minds and the club for a while now, the penny scandal probably the most you can say of his time around here. And you probably forgot a second time over due to Adam Bogdan and Loris Karius coming in successive summers.

When he first came, he was a 20 year old coming to us for on a free from Tottenham after a successful trial. At that moment, he must have thought it would be the best years of his life. Sadly, that wasn't how it was meant to be. 

Never putting on a Reds kit, he was mostly on the bench or not in sight for the whole 14-15 season. I don't remember Mignolet missing a match that season so that may be one of the biggest reasons for him not getting any play time. Because of this, he would be loaned out to Swindon Town, who you may remember for bringing in Brad Smith and Kevin Stewart just last season.

For the season, he got a good amount of starts, easily much more than 14-15 season. Other than paying a £50 fine for being late to training in pennies, the season went smoothly, with them ending it in 17th place. At 22, he does need the play time to grow to be a better goalkeeper, so it's for the best that he must go.

It must be a bit sad for him that he went from a talent at Tottenham, player at Liverpool to suddenly Swindon Town. Still, this is better than behind four other keepers and possibly getting released due to wages and squad space.

YNWA Lawrence, once a red, always a red. Hope the career goes smoothly for you.