Come On You Men In Red!: Kits & Captains

I think this is Hendo's debut captain season now, not last season since that one was marred by injuries to him and everyone that wore our red. Hopefully this one is better but let's just get to it.

Our captain is Jordan Henderson, if that isn't already obvious. You may not like it but Klopp seems to and that's that. He's the hard working, doesn't stop running until the match is won sort of midfielder. Gerrard likes him, expects him to have a good, respectable season. And in the 14-15 season, he got 7 goals and 15 assists. You can easily remember that our best times in midfield were when him and Can were doing their thing and running the show and he still had a bad injury at the time, just playing through that. Imagine if he can replicate that 14-15 season or even do better than that or he could be replaced by Gini or James. Let's hope the latter doesn't happen for narrative's sake.

The vice-captain remains James Milner. He had a very good season for someone we expected to sit on the bench or fade away. The start of the season wasn't good for him, but it wasn't good for anyone other than Danny Ings and Joe Gomez. He was getting yellow cards to the point you were waiting for that in worry more than the other team getting their obligatory goal. He stepped it up when Klopp came and did extra when Hendo couldn't be a captain on the pitch. His help was obvious to see last season, with him out-assisting Özil in 2016 and laying off the cross to Lovren for the all important header of the season. There may be things you don't like about James, maybe he's too boring for you, but he is Mr. Dependable and we need someone like that should Hendo not be available.

And third captain is Lucas Leiva, our longest serving player. Injuries may be catching up to him, but he seems to not even notice as he tries his hardest on the pitch. Third captain may seem like a glorified title to some but it highlights his importance to the team. He helped Coutinho settle in and is still looking our for our Little Magician, being his good friend even now and I'm sure he has done the exact same for Firmino. After losing Kolo Toure, we need a person in the dressing room to humble the youngsters and bring a level head to those in finals and Premier League matches that his fellow reds may think they can't win. Lovren and Ings (more so Lovren), if those three can't play or Klopp chooses not to play them, seem to be the people that the armband goes to.

These three captains look to be the ones we will have in the 16/17 season. This is, of course, subject to change because Klopp can always decide that one or the other may not get enough playtime to justify their title to the team. Now to the things that can't change: our kits.

This is the home kit, best modeled by Emre Can

This is the home kit, best modeled by Emre Can. It's pretty close to what we had last year and in the "We're Going To Win The League!" season. Good vibes come from this. On it is the saying, "There's No Noise Like The Anfield Noise", showing that this one was made for the fans and our 12th man style. It may not be the best, but it certainly is a good one and one that, if I had money, I would get it. Only problem is the shoulders/fitting problem. It looks like they bunch up or look uncomfortable for the guys but we'll see later on.