Injury Apocalypse: Merseyside Derby

Sorry I haven't been updating or saying anything recently. Life's gotten the better of me and I've been sick and finals are coming up. Like, everything's coming up at once. But that won't stop me for a Derby!

First up, Coutinho's on track to come back on his own schedule. Journos thought it may be Sunderland at best but Coutinho kept pointing at City. This coming week is said to be the week he comes back to training, light or not, as he's recently gotten off his crutches.

Joel Matip has a good chance of coming in for today, but he's being assessed around the clock and do are Sturridge and Can. Can's knee knock and Sturridge's calf problems did keep them out for last match and I believe the one before it, so their time out has been longer and giving them a better chance to come into the match than Matip. We've got to hold out hope though.

Gomez has completed that road to recovery! After being out for more than a year, he could be on the bench at most as a Derby would be a quick transition from not playing. Not to mention Funes Mori is still at Everton.

Mané is still at his best and so is Lallana, so Firmino, Lallana and Mané are ones that you don't need to worry about unless a random knock keeps one of them out for today.

Sheyi Ojo is also continuing down his own road toward full fitness. He's scored twice recently for the U23s, showing that he is coming back to the bright spark we saw last season.

That's it, I believe. Injury list is Ings and Coutinho. Took the three that have a chance off because I've got hope for them.

Everton are in around the same boat as us. Yannick Bolasie and Muhamed Besic are both out with injuries. I think Bolasie would be a problem for them to not have but I have no idea for the other as I haven't seen Everton play all season. Phil Jagielka is out with a one match suspension. Funny he picked that up before a Derby . . . For Liverpool fans that is.

Not really sure how they would go about trying to solve these problems, but if the league table says anything, their start was great, right now, not so much. They're falling into the rut that Everton always falls into and we need to get them while they're down or we're going to lose points and be far behind Chelsea. Not a good thing.

For this derby, I can see us lining up like we did against Middlesborough, except if we get Matip back for today, we can go back to Matip and Lovren at back. Other than that, it'll be the same energetic Liverpool.

Let's push for that win today, Redmen!