It's Been Nice Knowing You: Jordan Rossiter

On the 13th of May, Rossiter announced that he would be leaving the club on a free to Rangers on a four year deal, meaning that he has finally left on July 1st as he had to see out his contract, giving us £250,000 as compensation.

His time here was sadly disrupted by injury. A single hamstring injury in December against Sion in the Europa League kept him out for the rest of the season. One of these injuries actually made Klopp call out the English FA for treating him "like a horse", which isn't far off on him playing 3 matches in 5 days. This, with them knowing his injury history. It isn't the time to knock the FA (though they thoroughly deserve it), it's time to remember our Scouse boy, Jordan.

At the age of three, possibly four, Liverpool accepted Rossiter into the junior side and then the Acadamy at six. From an early age, people knew he was going to be a great talent, getting praise from Robbie Fowler as he compared him to Steven Gerrard. Before breaking into the first team, he won Liverpool's Academy Player of the Year and became captain for the U-21s in the 12-13 season.

Then came the injuries.

He started off quite nicely, training with the first team in both the 13-14 and 14-15 season, but his appearances were limited due to how many players we have and his injuries that he got. Things weren't any better in the 15-16, with Rodgers not knowing where to put certain players (Ings and Firmino at wingback . . . The horror) and results requiring him to put out players that aren't youngsters, with the exception of Ibe and Gomez. Klopp comes in and he needs time to adjust, find his first XI. So by the time he feels comfortable to play youths, Rossiter was just coming back from injury and ready to play. Sadly, things weren't meant to be with him getting an injury after every appearance.

Klopp's style is demanding and the injury Rossiter usually gets is a hamstring injury, meaning gegenpressing will quite literally gegenpress the life out of his legs. If you're wondering, well then why is Sturridge not in trouble? it's because he's not in the work horse position. Can plays all over the place, as well as Hendo, to get the job done. Klopp can't cut back for Rossiter or it will create an unbalance or force Can or Henderson to overwork for what Rossiter can't do.

Luckily though, he will still get play time for a good club. We may not get to see his Scouse magic at Anfield, but it's good enough that it will be displayed still.

YNWA, Rossiter. Once a red, always a red. Smash 'em at the Rangers for us.